PDA

View Full Version : shotgun wad info needed

hitch.bd
11-27-2013, 06:51 PM
So I got this box of wads that are not the typical wads. I was wondering if any of you have heard of them and can point me in the right direction for load data.

One bag of wads is :
Magnum Research SS200
the bag says for Win AA, SuperX, Upland, and other tapered wall cases for 1 1/4 to 1 5/8 ounces of shot
I compared these to the WAA12F114 and it was almost to the point of being identical.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one bag of wads is:
PC wads
Pattern Control
12 GA Rem. Length
one piece shot protector shotgun shell wads
for use in target loads with 1 1/8 oz shot--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These should be easy for you seasoned shotgun reloaders to help me out with!
Thanks
Hitch
Ps when I have these 2 wads identified I'll post 2 more...they might be a bit more difficult!

Blair
11-27-2013, 07:12 PM
one bag of wads is:
PC wads
Pattern Control
12 GA Rem. Length
one piece shot protector shotgun shell wads
for use in target loads with 1 1/8 oz shot--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These should be easy for you seasoned shotgun reloaders to help me out with!
Thanks
Hitch
Ps when I have these 2 wads identified I'll post 2 more...they might be a bit more difficult!

Found this when I did a search:

http://www.downrangemfg.com/index.php?option=com_zoo&view=category&Itemid=165

hitch.bd
11-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the reply Blair. On the bag it says united cartridge company. Were they bought out by Down range?

jmort
11-27-2013, 08:48 PM
I believe Down Range bought out Duster, don't know about United.

hitch.bd
11-27-2013, 08:52 PM
You sent me on a google frenzy. I found a site called shotgun world. There was, in the history, a question like mine here is a cut and paste of Q&A

Q
I'm confused. I have a bag of green 1 1/8 oz "RXP" wads... "Pattern Control" in big letters..or so the bag says. Did Remington buy this wad pattern?? RXP has always meant "Remington" to me. Bag says mfgered by United Cartridge Company, Casa Grande, AZ Thanks for any help in figuring these things out....
A

What you have there is a bag of Pattern Control brand wads made by United from the 1970's that were intended to be loaded in green Remington RXP hulls. Reminton never had anything to do with that wad / mold / company

A2
Per Kevin at Down Range, GC Bluerocks explanation is dead on. This wads are in excess of 30 years old. Kevin believes that that particular wad eventually became the Red PC wad, that was produced for many years after that.

So, that is a PC wad, manufactured and intended to be used in the then current RPX cases. Nothing more and nothing less.

DLM

hitch.bd
11-27-2013, 08:54 PM
I looked at the bag again and nowhere does it say RPX on mine.
PS is RPX and STS gun club the same thing?