PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll miss deer season.

Hickory
11-27-2013, 06:37 PM
I had some test done on Monday, and the cardiologist called a few minutes ago and said I'd need to have a pacemaker put in next week.
Sort of knew it was coming, Doc told me a few years ago I would need one if my heart function got too low. Well it got real bad real quick. Down to 30%. Might have to put a nipple on the nitro bottle until Monday. Doc told me that I couldn't go deer hunting until after the pacemaker's in. No wonder I've been feeling real bad the last week or so.

RickinTN
11-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Hope things go well for you, and remember tell them to put it on the opposite side from where you shoot. I'm thinking the deer will probably wait for you.
Good luck, and prayers for you,
Rick

NSB
11-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Hickory, don't get too down over it. I had three stents put in a couple of months ago and I got back on my feet in no time. Ohio has a pretty long season doesn't it? Once you get the pace maker in you'll feel a lot better real quick. You'll still get out to do some hunting. Thank the good Lord for modern medicine. Fifty years ago neither you nor I would be looking at any more hunting. Today we can look forward to a lot of it after getting the old ticker tuned up. Good luck getting out and doing what you like best real soon!!! Let us know how everything goes. I'll say one for you.

alrighty
11-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.I agree the deer will wait , this is not something that should be put on hold.

DougGuy
11-27-2013, 07:19 PM
You're not the only one Hickory, and you might get out there before it closes. I spent all summer doing rads and chemo and tumors are gone but just slow recovering from all of it. At least I got meat in the freezer. Down here you don't really need a hunting license, drive the back roads enough and you will get one or two while driving. Keeps us old guys out of the weather :P

gray wolf
11-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Prayers sent for a speedy full recovery. Don't worry about the DEER hunting--they ain't going to leave town.
You take care of yourself and get well, that's the important thing.
Plenty of time for hunting, making noise and knocking thing down.

Sam

waksupi
11-27-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm glad you got the word now, instead of getting it while trying to drag a deer. As others said, them deer ain't going nowhere!

blackthorn
11-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Best wishes for a quick and full recovery!

300savage
11-27-2013, 08:29 PM
sorry to hear that but thank God for the miracle you are going to get.
be praying for ya.

Hickory
11-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks for you concern.
I can always use a prayer or two.
My wife was kind of upset with me for not helping paint the bedroom. I just wasn't up to it.
Now that she knows the results of the test, she has come around a little, because she said, "looks like we won't get the bathroom painted till spring." :-? I said, "If I croak before then, you'll have to paint that one by yourself too.":wink: "We'll do it after Christmas, you ain't dieing unless I say so."

Now, that's an ornery woman.

smoked turkey
11-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Hickory, you got a good woman there. I'm sure you know that. I'll say prayers for your total and complete recovery. The deer will put on a few pounds and the antlers will grow a little, so don't be concerned about that. Sounds like painting the bathroom is on your agenda in the spring. Not a bad thing.

Hickory
11-27-2013, 09:39 PM
I do have a good woman, she's just a little ornery sometimes.
At least I'll get the pacemaker before I become a victim of the death panels.

leeggen
11-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Don't sweet it Hickory, Dad had a defib/pacemaker installed 2 weeks ago and I really beleive he could go hunt'n now. Stayed overnight and headed home next morn. Box is about 1 1/2 in sq. an abot 3/8 to 1/2 thick. Can't hardly tell its there less'n you know. Prayers to you and wife.
CD

jmort
11-27-2013, 10:08 PM
You din't ask for prayer, but like the rest of our Brothers, I'm praying for you and a miraculous recovery and many future hunts.
John

gbrown
11-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Hang in there, get fixed, them deer will be waiting. Prayers for you. Look to run the long race, not the short sprint. Take care of yourself and get well. God loves you, God loves me, God loves us all. Keep the faith.

TreeKiller
11-28-2013, 01:25 AM
No sweat I had a defib/pacemaker put in in Sept 2010. Make sure that they put it in on the opposite side from what you shoot. I an left handed and there was some discussion as to what side to put it in and my son said"put it on the left side he shoots right handed". Just had my check up by the company that made it and the upper chambers are using the pacemaker 66% if the time. Mine was for tacarida. Had oblation and the defib is for insurance Pacemaker was just built in to the unit. Do not do very much until the fish hooks are scared in. It takes about 6 weeks.

bandit7.5
11-28-2013, 02:07 AM
I got mine in the first week of Feb 2011, I hope you have a better juicejocky than I did cause I woke up 3/4s of the way thru the procedure. Surprised the doc when he looked down and I looked back. He asked why I was awake? I said I didn't know but it hurt. They knocked me back out. I heard later the juicejocky got a serious reaming for it. You are going to be told no recoil for at least 2 months no heavy recoil for at least 4

Bzcraig
11-28-2013, 02:18 AM
Deer will wait, but sounds like the heart won't. Glad your getting it taken care of. Be praying for you and the wife!

WILCO
11-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.I agree the deer will wait , this is not something that should be put on hold.

Ditto for me!

mroliver77
11-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Geesh Denny! I will pray for you and see you soon!

Firebricker
11-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Hickory, Hang in there bud you still got muzzle loader if you can not catch any of shotgun week. I truly understand how disappointing it can be as I will be hunting in a blind and getting to it with crutches rather than my tree stand. Praying for pal, FB

FredBuddy
11-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Prayers from Danville, OH