PDA

View Full Version : Just perfect!...A small rant.

wallenba
11-27-2013, 11:14 AM
I've been waiting for a shipment by FedEx of 2k primers (signature required). Have not been sleeping well lately, tossing and turning till 4AM. Got up by alarm this AM @ 7AM to take meds. Got dressed, laid on sofa, drifted off. FedEx NEVER gets to my door before 2PM, so...not to worry. Awoke again @ 8:12AM, a FedEx notice was stuck on my front door window. Insert swearing here____________________________! Holiday week makes things difficult I know, but cheeesh. [smilie=b:

I arranged to pick them up on Friday at FedEx.

It's pretty cold, and these primers will no doubt be in and out of cold and warm places. My concern now is whether or not, because of their metal construction, condensation will occur on them while inside the package.

300savage
11-27-2013, 11:51 AM
dont worry, they are far tougher than you realize

9w1911
11-27-2013, 12:48 PM
same here fedex or ups refuses to bring that to my door in Reno Nv !! well Verdi outside of Reno but jeez

Epd230
11-27-2013, 01:12 PM
I had the same thing happen to me several years ago. It ****** me off, cause I know that the driver never knocked on the door, just ran up and stuck the label on the door. Then you have to go to their office to pick up your order.

I didn't pay for shipping so I could drive to the local FedEx/UPS yard (about 45 min away) to pick up my own order!

bosterr
11-27-2013, 02:03 PM
My problem is I can't hear a knock or the door bell. I put a big, bold sign on the door that I am home, and knock louder, or open the door and yell. Did he put when a second attempt will be made?

wch
11-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Happens with US Post Office RD delivery, too.

bob208
11-27-2013, 05:09 PM
one time I got a super deal on 1000 Remington primers. seams they got wet as in bad wet the box and sleeves were coming apart.. well I let them dry every one of them went off without a hitch. they were small rifle. used them in a mini-14 and a m1 carbine.

Bob in Revelstoke
11-28-2013, 01:16 AM
A while back I got 2k CCI small rifle primers that had been through a fire and had been water soaked. The cartons showed singe marks as well as smoke and water marks. The bright nickle finish on the primers had discolored and were a grey color.

Every one functioned without a fault.

WILCO
11-28-2013, 05:16 AM
dont worry, they are far tougher than you realize

Yep. No worries.

gmsharps
11-28-2013, 06:33 AM
[QUOTE=bosterr;2496208]My problem is I can't hear a knock or the door bell.

They make a door bell nowdays I think from Home Deport or Lowes that you can take the ringer part to any room you want and plug it in. It works great and you have a better chance of hearing the bell.

gmsharps

steg
11-28-2013, 06:54 AM
same here with fed x, never had a problem with UPS, they just put it on the porch.

Frosty Boolit
11-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Mine are stored in an unheated and uninsulated garage and have not had a failure yet. I too have wondered though in the spring.....

Riverpigusmc
11-28-2013, 10:33 AM
That's why I don't buy powder and primers online...I work, and my house is in the middle of the woods. Can't take off just to wait to sign for something

1Shirt
11-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Guess I must be lucky, our postman and UPS drivers always put the boxes by the front door and ring the door bell! That is if it doesn't fit in the mailbox.
1Shirt!

bbs70
11-28-2013, 10:47 AM
I've never had a problem with UPS.
FedEx on the other hand is a pain in the butt.

Ordered several lbs of powder from Powder Valley, wasn't sure if I was going to be home to sign for the stuff.
So I made a poster that said my neighbor would sign for the powder, and taped it to the middle of my glass door.
Happened I was home when FedEx showed up & caught him as he was leaving a note that he had missed me.
I asked if he saw the 8x12 poster on the door and he said no.

Last week I ordered some stuff from Amazon.
Tracking code said ETA was by 8PM 11-27, yesterday.
Checked 11-22 said arrived earth city,mo
Checked 11-25 said package had arrived at drop off facility.
Checked 11-26 at drop off facility in next small town over (???).
Last check last night 11-27 still at drop off facility next town over (???)
Checked on their "DROP OFF FACILITY" and discovered it was the local post office.
And that I had to wait 1 to 2 more days for my package to arrive, VIA POSTAL CARRIER!!!!!

GGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shooter93
11-28-2013, 06:50 PM
That's interesting wch...must be different in different areas. If the girl delivering the mail has a packge that needs signed for or is to big for the box she still carries them in the car. If she she's a vehicle in our driveway she pulls in and beeps for one of us. If no one is home then she'll leave the card to pick it up at the PO.

uscra112
11-28-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm also quite deaf, but I've installed a wireless motion sensor alarm system that specifically covers the porch and the door area. Nobody can get onto the porch without it goes off. Loud as it is, I'll hear it anywhere in the house. No more "I knocked but nobody answered" excuses. I have another one set to detect any vehicle entering the yard, and a third covering the barn. I love technology! Just don't buy those cheapie Harbor Freight ones brand-named "Bunker Hill". The transmitters quit working at ambient temperatures below 50 degrees!

Goatwhiskers
11-28-2013, 10:03 PM
WCH, you might want to have a little chat with your postmaster. Carriers are REQUIRED if the parcel won't fit in the box to attempt delivery to the house. IF the parcel can be left in a safe place and out of the weather, then do so and leave a notice in the box as to where the parcel is. I have even left them in a vehicle to keep them safe (retired now). Then there's always the story of the carrier who left a parcel on the porch, unaware that a large dog lived at the residence or that the parcel contained a smoked ham. Guess what happened! GW

alrighty
11-28-2013, 10:25 PM
I also have had problems with Fedex.It seems during the holiday season they hire temps to deliver their packages.I had been waiting on a rather large and expensive package that was slow in being delivered.I tracked the package online and to my dismay they reported it had been delivered the previous day.I called and filed a report that it had not been delivered.That afternoon I get a phone call from my father, he said one of his friends has my package.
Not only did they deliver the package to the wrong address , more than two miles away.They dropped it off at a storage unit! Luckily the storage center owner knew my dad and asked him if he knew this fellow with the same last name as his.I always cringe when I see something I purchase is to be delivered by Fedex.

TreeKiller
11-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Had a pkg from Midway delivered smart Post or something like that. It came UPS to the PO and since I retired from there I thought that I would stop and see the supervisor and get it the day that UPS showed it was delivered. This is a rather small office with 7 city carriers and 4 HCR (Contract carriers) they had received over 300 FedX packages that day and 5 large cages of UPS Too many to dig through to find mine. Got it the next day in the PO Box.

pdawg_shooter
11-29-2013, 09:27 AM
My UPS driver signs for me whenever needed. Leaves the stuff in my garage.

Freightman
11-29-2013, 11:00 AM
UPS driver will sign for me, FedX never has the same driver I specify UPS if possible.

wallenba
11-29-2013, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=bosterr;2496208]My problem is I can't hear a knock or the door bell.

They make a door bell nowdays I think from Home Deport or Lowes that you can take the ringer part to any room you want and plug it in. It works great and you have a better chance of hearing the bell.

gmsharps

I have a wireless doorbell. It reacts to cell phones, and I think garage door openers so I unplugged the ringer unit.

After the first delivery attempt on Wednesday, I called FedEx and arranged to pick them up at the hub. This morning as I prepared to do just that, I noticed ANOTHER sticker on my door. They should not have been on the truck! Now for sure I know he/she did not knock. What gives?? I called them again, they contacted the driver who says he will return to the hub at 6 or 7 PM. They close at 7PM, so I'll have to get there at 6 and hang around for an hour.

I've lived at this address since 1991. I've NEVER had them come this early. Yet suddenly when I have to sign for something, this happens. DUH!
I've even sat around the house all day waiting for a package and have it come after dark. Murphy's law in action.