PDA

View Full Version : My attempt at powder coating

VHoward
11-26-2013, 11:15 PM
These are from a NOE 453 230 RF mold coated with red powder coating from the Eastwood powder coating kit I bought.

Edubya
11-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Nuttin wrong with them red booits and I doubt that they will smoke when fired but a suggestion for the offering: With that broad of meplat, stand them on the noes for painting. I stand all of mine on the nose so that the butt get a good coating as well. They may not be as pretty as some but I feel that the butt covering will give it the protection that the nose doesn't need.

EW

bangerjim
11-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Those look great! You can see how easy PC'ing is. I have done thousands and they always are perfect.

I do exactly like you.....base down. Unless you are shooting supersonic, there is no need to coat the base. Remember ALL standard grease lubes historically offer absolutely ZERO protection on the butt end. If you feel you want/need protection, use a GC if the boolit is designed for that. I like copper ones the best. Subsonic pistols do not need it.

Or you can dab the end on an acetone-wetted rag, then in powder in a lid, and rebake laying down for a "PC GC"!!!!!!!

This new tech we are developing has vast possibilities.

Keep up the good work.

bangerjim

VHoward
11-27-2013, 12:13 AM
I could put the hollow point pins in the mold and just sit them nose down on some nails. :-)