PDA

View Full Version : New here.

JuliettDeltaGolf
11-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Hey guys, just a short intro: I'm Jordan, and I love cast boolits and black powder! I'm 20 years old, and married to a 23-year-old who owns the revolver I shoot. :mrgreen: I cut my teeth as a little kid on Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, and fine longrifles, which my dad likes to play at building. He always used the holy black in traditional muzzleloaders for muzzleloader-only deer season. As a teenager, I got into civil war reenacting, and that's kinda what got my wife and I together eventually. I've burned a LOT of black powder for a 20-year-old! :roll: I am a cap 'n ball nut, and once bought, sold, traded and 'smithed percussion revolvers and long guns prolifically to fund my reenacting. Now, I'm making a living, finishing the log house I built for us, etc... I've sold nearly all my guns, but am enjoying wearing out a .45 Colt Uberti 1860 Army Richards-Mason conversion revolver, for which I cast my own, and load exclusively black powder. I like to hang out on a couple of forums occasionally, to pick up some shooting related knowledge know and then.

Nobade
11-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Well welcome aboard, Jordan! It sounds like you'll get along here just fine. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks frequent this board, and plenty of advise abounds if you have questions. Enjoy!

-Nobade

Silver Jack Hammer
11-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Welcome! I've been shooting horse pistols longer than you've been alive but just took up black powder cartridge in .45-70 so your the old man in the holy black arena.

Isn't is wonderful the revolvers they are making now, copies of the true west. Have you seen the 1872 strapless models? My poor suckers at work are on ammo shortage hiatus with their .223's. I tell 'em -cast boolits!