PDA

View Full Version : The Cast Boolits family

Love Life
11-26-2013, 03:49 PM
As I roam other forums (they do exist) scalping year end deals, I am always struck by one thing. The "feel" or "Culture" of those forums. Very rude, much swearing, not much real knowledge passed on unless you dig super deep through the machismo and BS.

Then I come back home to Cast Boolits. Almost every thread has real knowledge being given and taken. Normal conversations are occuring, friendships are being made, and you just feel "comfortable" being here.

A big thank you to the Owner, the Moderators, and the members that make this such a great place to be.

ShooterAZ
11-26-2013, 03:58 PM
The word camaraderie comes to mind. I was thinking of posting something similar to yours this morning as well. There is a lot of very friendly and helpful folks here on this forum. My thanks as well.

owejia
11-26-2013, 04:07 PM
I'll second that. I come here just about every day to expand my knowledge of all things about cast boolits. Friendliest forum I've been on. Thanks everyone.

Freightman
11-26-2013, 04:08 PM
A definite difference! 45 Nut and the moderators deserve a lot of respect and credit.

cbrick
11-26-2013, 05:02 PM
There isn't another forum that I stuck around for 8 weeks, been here for 8 years now. :mrgreen:

You people must be masochists for putting up with me for that long. :veryconfu

Rick

Pb2au
11-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Well said Mr. Love Life.
Consider me on board with your fine sentiment.

**oneshot**
11-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Best support group I ever met!!!!!

tomme boy
11-26-2013, 05:16 PM
I roam a lot of other forums also. But this is one that I post to the most. There are some VERY knowledgeable people on this forum. But lately there has been a huge influx with people that are starting to cast and reload. We need to be helpful to them also. I know it seems like the same ?'s are asked over and over again. Like what is the best.................. Just remember, you were there at one point also. So lets keep this forum the top one there is!

MtGun44
11-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Lots of good folks here. Nice place to be.

Bill

Alvarez Kelly
11-26-2013, 06:29 PM

Yep.

AK

Sweetpea
11-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Honestly, the only time I peruse other forums is when I am searching about something new...

Then I come back, and probably spend WAY too much time here...

Feels like home.

Brandon

btroj
11-26-2013, 06:53 PM
There isn't another forum that I stuck around for 8 weeks, been here for 8 years now. :mrgreen:

You people must be masochists for putting up with me for that long. :veryconfu

Rick

Rick, they haven't kicked me out either. I don't get that.

I don't frequent other shooting forums. This one is home to me.

SharpsShooter
11-26-2013, 07:23 PM
There are other forums??:grin:

SS

11-26-2013, 07:33 PM

SS

Not for me.

Did try another, but the arrogance and elitism became too much.

Love Life
11-26-2013, 07:34 PM

SS

Yes. They are great for stocking up on year end deals.

country gent
11-26-2013, 07:52 PM
I have enjoyed my time on this forum and also appreciate the help Ive gotten from everyone. Its always interesting.

firefly1957
11-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Well said this is a great forum.

Bret4207
11-26-2013, 08:11 PM
On the swearing, rudeness, etc.- remember that the ONLY way we keep this place, The Pit included, at the level of discourse it's been at is for all of us to lead by example and quash any of the foul mouthed krap we see on so many other sites. That's part of what brought me back, the relative character of this site compared to just about every other one I've been at.

Trey45
11-26-2013, 08:18 PM
It sure is nice to see this. If you guys could see some of the vile messages we mods get from time to time, calling us nazi's, agents of obama, thought police, any number of insulting and sometimes profane names you'd wonder why we even bother. Threads like this one make it worthwhile after a long day in the trenches. THANK YOU.

Echo
11-26-2013, 08:34 PM
I feel fortunate and honored to be a part of this forum. I don't hit other forums - why would I?

RED333
11-26-2013, 08:48 PM
I use just 2 forums most days, this one and my local state gun forum.
Castboolits was recommended as a place to learn casting, well it worked,
almost to good, wife asks "What is that mold for", all I can say
is "we NEEDED it to reload"LOL
If it were not for this site I could not shoot as much as I like.
As far as foul mouth, I am (was) a Sailor, foul mouth is in me, biker dont help.
So I have learned to be nice when I have to, as I get older I dont need to
make myself behave as much.
Thanks Much guys for letting me learn and partake.

leeggen
11-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Sometimes I'll be looking for some imfo. and you do a search relating to guns,reloading,or casting and the search engine will give "Cast Boolits" most all the time. That says alot about the sight and the knowledge found on here. Thanks 45nut and all others that supply us with this sight.
CD

JWFilips
11-26-2013, 09:17 PM
This is the only forum I have ever been on that when you ask a question you don't get the typical "Other forums" answers of "That has been beaten over a hundred times so just search for the answer" or some other smart A#*S remark. The resident folks here always have the time and patience to answer any questions even it it has been asked a thousand times before! Yes this is a very special place and I'm thankful I found it.

Gar
11-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Yup, this is my home forum. Almost every time I google something gun/reloading related, the first several hit just lead me back here.
Too many good people here to spend much time anywhere else.
Thank you Ken and all of the moderators who make this place great.

gbrown
11-26-2013, 09:22 PM
For the knowledge base that exists here, I doubt that you can find it elsewhere. For people helping each other and extending "helping hands," the same. I've seen some rude posts and some people getting into other people's face here, needlessly, IMHO. For the most part, I see people getting along and sharing, as well as willing to help one another. Really like a family. Nice place to be.

gon2shoot
11-26-2013, 09:38 PM
The thing that makes this site exceptional is the membership.

I could go into a 3 page discription of the knowledge, charity, compassion etc. shared by the members here, and it would end up saying what my original statement said.

Thank you all (ya'll)

BruceB
11-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Trey and Bret;

I am firmly of the belief that ONE incident of abusive posting to the staff should be grounds for instant termination of the offender. This should also apply to any use of the more-profane language that is used on other sites ("four-letter-words" for lack of better definition).... we all know the common street-level terms of which I speak. I will further suggest that "NAZI" should join the lexicon which will warrant termination,

It's no accident that so many of us consider this to be our Internet "home". Careful attention to administering this decent site has paid off in no uncertain terms, and it's all due to the moderators maintaining a gentle-but-firm grip on the material that gets posted. I add my thanks to all of you to the opinions already expressed....

THANK YOU, after more than eight years of appreciative participation here. I know that mods are human, and might on occasion be mistaken in some way, but with suitable review procedures for moderator actions, there should be little to generate complaints from the general membership.

bikerbeans
11-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Newbie member & caster here and I enjoy this site a lot. I have been asking questions and searching for info to help me improve my boolit making skills. Also made a new friend from the site who lives a short drive from my place.

BB

bangerjim
11-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Home Sweet Home

banger

Fishman
11-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Ive only been a member of one other site that was close to this one. It still has good people but it grew very large and the magic was lost. Good moderation is the key. If you have that, the smart people eventually show up and people like me benefit. Thanks 45nut and mods past and present.

PS Paul
11-27-2013, 01:21 AM
Where else in the world can you find a site where sending an item one has sold to a fellow member before the item has been paid for, knowing full well the level of trust will dictate follow-through payment, is a common occurrence?

I've done it several times and other members have afforded me the same level of trust several times. What a community!!

Bzcraig
11-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Yes. They are great for stocking up on year end deals.

No truer words could have been spoken than in your first post. But since I don't frequent other forums and really like a great deal, mind saving me some time and telling me the other forum names?

Love Life
11-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Depends on what you are looking for. For bullets, brass, primers, powder, etc. You can find deals on most gun forums. Christmas is here and people are dumping all their panic stock.

You just have to check the classifieds all the time.

smoked turkey
11-27-2013, 01:38 AM
I don't have anything new to add to what has already been said. But I just have to add my two cents to say a hardy thank you to Ken, and the whole staff that give so much of their time to keep this site at the top when it comes to other internet sites. I don't waste my time on any other site. As someone posted, "why would I need to?" This site has all I need to feed my need for shooting, reloading, casting, general discussion, etc. Besides you are all such enablers that I can't afford to join any other sites. I tend to spend all my extra money over at swappin and sellin. Thanks to all for making this site No.1.

Bad Water Bill
11-27-2013, 04:23 AM
Back in 06 my PUNK KID " hardware" helped me build my puter.

I do not know how many sites I visited or joined trying to find a place to rest my sorry old bones.

Well I am here and ain't going to leave.

What other site would let you bring in an ornery mule to kick some posteriors using custom made shoes.

When we were fighting for CCW here in Il I asked 45 Nut if I could refer other folks to a special site for more Illinois info.

Well if you have been around for a year or more you knew what Ken said.

Then I pestered Gunload Master about setting up our own group. Several Moderators also jumped in and helped as well.

Tell me of 1 other site where you can feel this type of friendship. Just 1.

slim1836
11-27-2013, 05:32 AM
Amen brothers and sisters, thanks to all who have made me feel at home.

Slim

HighHook
11-27-2013, 06:11 AM
I know all the good gooey stuff has been said. So,

Many many thanks to all that make this a great place to be.

kbstenberg
11-27-2013, 08:14 AM
+++1+++
Unfortunately some of those smarmy types have infiltrated our neighborhood. An have cost us some good neighbors. In memory of Airborne and Jim.

Mlcompound
11-27-2013, 09:04 AM
This is definitely my go to site and by far the most family friendly forum for gun talk. I really appreciate the work that goes into making this site available. Thanks and keep up the good work!

1Shirt
11-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Bret and BruceB pretty much hit my feelings about dead center between the eyes!
1Shirt!

Bret4207
11-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Trey and Bret;

I am firmly of the belief that ONE incident of abusive posting to the staff should be grounds for instant termination of the offender.

Bruce, that works both ways. Moderators who clearly take sides in an argument and refuse to listen to the defense offered by the aggrieved party certainly bring a whole new addition to the problems here. Having served as a Mod, I am aware intimately of whats involved in the job. Fair is fair, if you can't be fair or discuss issues you have no place as a Moderator IMO. Abusive actions by staff members should have consequences too.

Calamity Jake
11-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Bret and BruceB pretty much hit my feelings about dead center between the eyes!
1Shirt!

I'm with these guys. I've been a part of this sight almost from the beggining, wouldn't want to
be anywhere else. Although I do visit a couple of my home state sights.

fivegunner
11-27-2013, 10:02 AM
:guntootsmiley::guntootsmiley::guntootsmiley: Yes this is the best Forum . people here are like family.:lovebooli

blackthorn
11-27-2013, 11:36 AM
This is the best site I have ever found --- bar none! I lucked onto this place when it was still "Shooters", but didn't join until it morphed into what we have today. There are 2 other sites that I visit briefly every morning, right after I finnish here. Niether of those sites can hold a candle to this one but once in awhile I learn something I missed when it was disscussed here. Here is home and family! Thanks to those who work so hard to make it so!!

wallenba
11-27-2013, 11:55 AM
I too have joined other forums. Some are OK, one in particular had a member challenge me over something really stupid and of no real consequence the first day. That was my last time there. My only regret leaving them was, I put some thought into my password, that's how much I cared. But you guys are the best, been here a while and made a lot of posts with gaffs. Never got called on them except for a good natured ribbing.

MrWolf
11-27-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't really look at other forums. If you do a Google search on something boolit related, the majority of the results bring you back here. I have enjoyed this site and visit everyday, sometimes multiple times in a day. I like the people here which is funny as I don't like most people :roll:

dragonrider
11-27-2013, 01:24 PM
I've been here since 2006, have tried other sites but anything I need to know can be found here much easier and with far more civility and way less attitude than anywhere else.

Hamish
11-27-2013, 01:27 PM
You guy's suck and you've cost me a buttload of money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

jeepyj
11-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Good thread, back when I originally was researching why a particular boolit wouldn't preform this site was what kept popping up for me. I tried it and have been hooked ever since. No question the best folks anywhere are located here on this site I have had so many good dealings it's actually hard to believe. Thank you to All that make Cast Boolits possible!!
Jeepyj

beagle
11-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Yes, it is a good site and many good, knowledgeable shooters are here and are contributing members. I was a member of the old original "Shooters" forum. It was composed of the "old guys" of casting and when it was lost to us, felix kind of led the drive to find a place of our own with Castpics as an interim measure. Then, younger and more computer savvy guys took over and this is how we evolved. Many of the old guys are still here, many have "left the range" and some have left casting. I have formed many good, solid friendships here and found many loyal, trusted friends. To me, it's home and a place where you can always get a little bit of good, free advice and sometimes find the missing piece for a project be it knowledge or a physical part. The spirit of giving and helping is here and I have never been ripped off in a trade. New folks have signed up and for the most part, they have entered into the spirit of casting and the site we know as "home". I've enjoyed the site and hope to be able to enjoy it in the same spirit as long as I'm able to cast./beagle

mrbillbus
11-27-2013, 03:09 PM
I have to admit that I am a little suspicious of any forum that would have me as a member. Otherwise this place is great!

mrbillbus
11-27-2013, 03:10 PM
:guntootsmiley::guntootsmiley::guntootsmiley: Yes this is the best Forum . people here are like family.:lovebooli

Neighbors even! ;-)

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-27-2013, 03:17 PM
As I roam other forums (they do exist) scalping year end deals, I am always struck by one thing. The "feel" or "Culture" of those forums. Very rude, much swearing, not much real knowledge passed on unless you dig super deep through the machismo and BS.

Then I come back home to Cast Boolits. Almost every thread has real knowledge being given and taken. Normal conversations are occuring, friendships are being made, and you just feel "comfortable" being here.

A big thank you to the Owner, the Moderators, and the members that make this such a great place to be.

Yes, I couldn't have said this any better.
Thank you Ken, and mods.

Love Life
11-27-2013, 07:26 PM
You guy's suck and you've cost me a buttload of money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hahaha (padding my post count here)!!

DeanWinchester
11-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Awwww, come on, you guys know y'all got a secret account over at Arfcom and the AKfiles.
LOL

I've learned a lot here. Maybe too much; I'm always broke now. BUT, I sure do get to shoot a lot.

Love Life
11-27-2013, 07:37 PM
I do have accounts on various forums across the interweb. This is the best gun, shooting, hunting, gardening, cooking, sewing, machining, wood working, "Why does my car do this", civil discussion forum on the interweb (invented by Al Gore).

No_1
11-27-2013, 07:39 PM
I will have to say that I agree this site is the best. I have personally met a few members in my travels and have found them to be exactly what I expected based on their persona here. I too am one who visits no other sites because thanks to the members this one is the best.

fishhawk
11-27-2013, 07:41 PM
To read the comments on this thread really does wonders for moderator moral (dang they do think we may be doing it right). steve k

jmort
11-27-2013, 08:41 PM
"I too am one who visits no other sites because thanks to the members this one is the best."

I too gave up on every other site. This site will continue to prosper and be blessed.

cbrick
11-27-2013, 09:26 PM
To read the comments on this thread really does wonders for moderator moral (dang they do think we may be doing it right). steve k

Yep, I knew all this would go to their heads. :mrgreen:

Rick

MtGun44
11-27-2013, 10:40 PM
The signal to noise level is high here, and the friendliness and civility are high, too.

I never have joined any other boards, looked at a few threads occasionally.

Are there really places to get deals?

Bill

btroj
11-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Bill, you in the market for a long range precision or tactical setup?

Me either

Love Life
11-27-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm tactical...4RL.

fatelk
11-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Every once in a while I see these "This place is the best" and "Kudos to the mods" threads, and usually think I don't need to put in my 2c worth, because with a site like this, surely you guys know you're the best, right? :) (Kind of like I don't need to tell my wife I love her every day, surely she know it?) :)

All kidding aside, I really do appreciate this site. There is a general maturity here that is not common other places. We all have our own quirks and differences, but so long as we can put up with each other it's all good. I say the same thing about my extended family.

Mods- thank you. Don't let the negative pms and such get you down. I think the fact that a thread like this goes multiple pages in a few hours shows that more folks appreciate the job you do than don't.

Love Life
11-27-2013, 11:46 PM
I didn't know we could send mean spirited PM's to the mods. I shall have to draft something up on principle

AlaskanGuy
11-27-2013, 11:51 PM
I love this forum... I just love this place.. I have met folks here that are kind and patient... I have learned so much. And i have made some friends... I do still post occasionally on a couple of other sites, but in reality, i am here all the time now that winter has set in... Dont know why i waited so long to actually become a member... Good luck getting rid of me now...... I have seen some awesome acts of kindness like folks offering to drive 600 miles to help widows and folks offering the many PIFs just because they care... No other place like this on the net...

Just one question, how long you gotta be here till you get your own recliner, and a power outlet for plugging your own coffee pot in??? Can somebody please answer me that???? Sheesh.. :kidding:

Bad Water Bill
11-28-2013, 12:15 AM
CAST BOOLITS is not responsible for damages caused by your bringing "LIQUID REFRESHMENTS here.:bigsmyl2:

WILCO
11-28-2013, 05:14 AM

Bill

I agree Bill.

btroj
11-28-2013, 09:12 AM
I didn't know we could send mean spirited PM's to the mods. I shall have to draft something up on principle

Send it Waksupi- REALLY appreciates a nasty comment or two. Don't be surprised by a harsh comeback.

See you in 10 days when the suspension is over.

SGTM9
11-28-2013, 09:46 AM
I have got to say this is the best forum around bar none!

Artful
11-28-2013, 09:58 AM
And here I was expecting a tender family picture or video of every blazing away with Cast Boolits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roef4uyaA-0

Now you guys went all mushy on me.

Happy Thanksgiving - now go and check on the turkey - time's a wasting

btroj
11-28-2013, 11:00 AM
My only complaint is that I now feel a need to go meet some of the guys from this place. Why can't more of them live closer?

dale2242
11-28-2013, 11:16 AM
You Mods are doing a great job Steve.
Thanks and keep up the good work....dale

Teddy (punchie)
11-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Just a nice place to be when I get time.

Ajax
11-29-2013, 06:17 AM
The mod staff here is the most level headed guys i have seen. That being said if you are in the wrong dont expect a bleeding heart lol. This is the only forum other than a muzzleloading forum i go to. The knowledge here is amazing and the fact that it is freely given and with such enthusiasm it has made it feel like home to me. As a former mod myself these types of threads really do recharge the staff and gives them the strength to continue to keep us happy and civil lol.

Andy

Frosty Boolit
11-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Being on cast boolits is like talking to some old timers at the local range match.
The "other" sites are like talking to the guys at the local gun shop who just started shooting a month ago.

gray wolf
11-29-2013, 09:04 AM
So what's with all the sucking up to the Mods ???
Am I missing something ?? :drinks:

300savage
11-29-2013, 09:25 AM
nah just a big group hug goin on.
the mods do a good job for the most part i agree, but the core is some of the best hearted old codgers i have seen anywhere.
they know their stuff , they care, and they have integrity.

it is by far the best site on the net to get the real skinny on about anything a person could ask about.
even stuff about guns.

btroj
11-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Key is moderation in moderation.

This site has classier people than most sites, I appreciate that.

shdwlkr
11-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Well I have only one issue with this site.....

In case you haven't figured it out think group buy, man has it taken a hit on the old wallet. But you know I have learned a lot here.

I check into one other site from time to time as I have friends there also.

I have even run into a few members here that are in my area and it is nice to find like minded people and also who are very knowledgeable.

searcher4851
12-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Great site with a bunch of great folks here, and as near as I can tell, it's the only place I can hang around without lowering property values.
Thanks to all that make this such a great place to be.

David2011
12-07-2013, 12:46 AM
It's hard to imagine why anyone would come in here and present a nasty attitude with all of the decent folks that give more than they take. It's kind of like being disrespectful in church. The members are an amazing collection of people. Thanks 45Nut and Mods!

David

375RUGER
12-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Couldn't agree more with the comments on this thread about the great job the mods do and the great job everybody does in keeping this a place where you can get real world useful knowledge from people who are happy to help.
Thank you to everyone.

Jevyod
12-07-2013, 01:30 PM
I would echo the sentiments already posted! I am yet a new guy, and have appreciated tremendously all the info I have received on this site! I visit multiple times a day, and feel at home here! I like the feel of this place. Also, a big THANK-YOU to the mods who keep this place what it is! Your work is greatly appreciated!

bear67
12-07-2013, 07:18 PM
I consider this site and the good folks who frequent here one of life's blessings. This is always a bright spot to visit. Thanks to owners, moderators and members for smiles, laughs and even information about casting and stuff.