PDA

View Full Version : Mould or boolit box - review

msp2640
11-26-2013, 12:46 PM
I preface this if it is against the rules, in this section, to post a ebay link - mods please blow up this thread - just trying to help out fellow members - Thanks Bill

Gents - I wanted to pass along a "heads up" on a deal I stumbled on, that is usable for a good bunch of us. I've been searching for small plastic hinged boxes for smaller quantities of boolits. I'm aware of the blue Midway boxes and have a few of them on hand, but as most I was searching for something cheaper. Searching e bay I found these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-empty-plastic-boxes-good-for-Cast-Boolit-molds-new-MADE-IN-USA-/151160757044?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2331e21b34) and did a buy it know for their 30 qty. The total for to 30 pack (actually 31 were enclosed) was a tad under $35, the seller then found a cheaper route of shipping and refunded my account $5. So it came out to be just under a buck a box shipped. I waited to get them in hand before posting this, so I had "first hand" experience to pass judgement on them. The hinged lid and clasp appears usable enough for a good amount of opening and closings. The boxes are small, but strong enough to hold up to whatever amount of weight you can fit in them (ie - not flimsy). They appear big enough for most uses, will hold reloading dies loose, 2 cavity moulds, big 45 rifle slugs, etc - won't fit Lyman 4 cavity moulds with sprue plate attached, but still multi use for our hobby. I think if I had one complaint, it would be that the plastic is rather "slick", when one box is stacked on another - hopefully weighted down a bit or with use, that will go away. I have no connection with the seller/ company - just thought it was a good deal and useful product for us - Cheers - Bill in MA (now knee deep in small black plastic boxes!!!!)

Tatume
11-26-2013, 04:41 PM
They do look nice. I ordered ten and tried to order more, but the ad said "last one."

Doc_Stihl
11-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Will an RCBS 2 cavity mold fit it in?

msp2640
11-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Doc - Just tried and the RCBS moulds do fit, hope there are more available. Bill