PDA

View Full Version : New forum for powder coating!

MBTcustom
11-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Fellers, your hard work and dogged experimentation has paid off! The higher ups have seen fit to create a new forum (not just a subforum) just for alternative coatings like powdercoat, epoxy, high tek, etc etc etc.
personally, I think it's a great day for the forum.
Enjoy!!!!

A big thanks to gunloadmaster for making this happen!

starmac
11-25-2013, 05:27 PM
A big THANKS to everybody that made it possible.

Love Life
11-25-2013, 05:59 PM
So does this mean we can't have stickies anymore? :drinks:

jmort
11-25-2013, 06:12 PM
"I think it's a great day for the forum"

I Agree. Makes sense.

Beagle333
11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I really do enjoy my lubesizer, just for my .30-30s til I figure out how to protect both ends of the boolit during coating, but I'm going to keep PC'ing all others. I will like having two different forums, depending on which method I'm looking for information or feedback. :mrgreen:

MBTcustom
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
I really do enjoy my lubesizer, just for my .30-30s til I figure out how to protect both ends of the boolit during coating, but I'm going to keep PC'ing all others. I will like having two different forums, depending on which method I'm looking for information or feedback. :mrgreen:

Read the thread I started on PCing. My boolits have shirts and pants. LOL!

geargnasher
11-25-2013, 08:57 PM
That cleaned things up a BUNCH.

Gear

Mike Kerr
11-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Yahoo! Should be a cleaner operation now.

badgeredd
11-26-2013, 01:54 PM

When I recently suggested a separate forum, I had realized that there was enough interest in the coated (epoxy, PC, and paint) boolits that it seemed logical to have a forum specifically for coatings. Thanks to the staff, it has come to be and I for one think it is an excellent move.

Edd

xacex
11-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Much nicer. Thank you! It was getting deep trying to find all of the coating threads.

acoop101
11-27-2013, 05:02 AM
link?

MBTcustom
11-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Look below paper patching

Wingnutt
11-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Amen. I sensed some friction here from the coating fellas and am really relieved to be back in nothing but the greasy bunch a posts :-)

acoop101
11-27-2013, 12:14 PM
It isn't showing up on tap talk... could some one post a link to see if that gets tap talk to work.

mdi
11-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Wait a minute! All those guys that just a few weeks ago said "...no need", "just scroll down", "if you don't want to look at PC/High tec. coatings, don't click on them", are now praising the addition of a new forum?? Ridiculous...

slim1836
11-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Gonna have to find something else to gripe about now.

Slim

montana_charlie
11-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Look below paper patching
Excellent location, the the title, 'Coatings and Alternatives' is perfect.

Now we 'patchers' have a place to send those who show up with teflon tape, aluminum foil, and gummed labels.

CM

acoop101
11-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Is anyone looking into the fact that this new forum isn't showing up through tap talk?

acoop101
11-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Is anyone looking into the fact that this new forum isn't showing up through tap talk?

Never mind, just updated tap talk and now it had shown up.

Jailer
11-30-2013, 06:59 PM
I have to admit, I quit coming to the lube section a while ago unless I was looking for something specific. I've got nothing against powder coating and may even give it another try, but this place was littered with coating threads. I'm glad to see coatings got it's own section.

Good job Edd for pressing the issue to get this change made.

Leadmelter
11-30-2013, 09:43 PM
I think the burning of candle at both ends is attributed to Shelly
My candle burns at both ends
It won't last the night
But to my enemies and my friends
It gives a beautiful light

Leadmelter
MI

HiVelocity
11-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Gee, and I thought all I did suggesting it, was pi$$ off a bunch.

I, personally, read the PC postings almost every day to get ideas and tips. Thanks to the Mods!

HV

Love Life
11-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Wait a minute! All those guys that just a few weeks ago said "...no need", "just scroll down", "if you don't want to look at PC/High tec. coatings, don't click on them", are now praising the addition of a new forum?? Ridiculous...

Oh man did you miss it!! Members set aside old hatreds, we came together, those who were against a new forum (when there were about 5 threads total and it only required a 1/4 turn of the mouse wheel to get past them) set aside their adversity to change, and all agreed that a new forum (now that it took two full turns of the mouse wheel to get to the wax lube threads) was needed.

It was beautiful. It was one of those rare moments in world history where everybody came together for the common good. I marked the day and I will tell the tale every year on the anniversary of the occasion. People will say "WOW!!", and I shall speak of the experience with reverence. I've got to go as I'm leaking tears already. :kidding:

MBTcustom
12-01-2013, 12:23 AM
This move wasn't done because of people who were jumping up and down and "pressuring" Staff. It was done because enough people have been posting how-to's questions and commentaries about the subject that it made sense.
Anybody who thinks they're griping "finally paid off" is suffering from an inflated ego.

This is cast boolits. You want something? You pay for it with gunpowder and lead, like all the booliteers did who made the posts that generated interest in PCing and the like.

Jailer
12-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Very true Tim but you have to admit, the lube section was pretty much getting dominated by coating threads. It was time for their own space and it had been suggested before and many were against the idea. I've done powder coating and have had good success with it but it got to the point that coatings needed their own space.

Lubes and coatings are two completely different paths and needed to be separated and I'm glad they were. Edd started the thread that specifically addressed the issue and that why I gave him some credit for the change. It's all good and everyone is happy happy joy joy now. :mrgreen:

Love Life
12-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm not happy. It's the principle...

Ben
12-01-2013, 03:15 PM
I think it was a wonderful addition. ( Don't take that wrong..... )