PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Mold sale?

Jevyod
11-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi, I am need of a mold for my 35 Remington. I want to get a RCBS 35-200-FN. Does anybody know if there is any place I could pick one up on sale, or is it unusual for molds to be on sale? Thanks!

Hickory
11-25-2013, 10:41 AM
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=509&osCsid=5in8vkukv9j725g6ilhtul2ge7

Check here.

Ben
11-25-2013, 11:15 AM
That will be the BEST mold and the BEST price on a new mold you'll find.

No disappointments when you buy from NOE.

bhn22
11-25-2013, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't count on any sales on molds. Many of the popular ones fly out the door as soon as they're received, and the sellers aren't very motivated to offer us incentives. And this particular mold has been popular from the beginning. Unfortunately, you could miss out completely if you wait very long, hoping for a sale.

smoked turkey
11-25-2013, 01:04 PM
I can speak for the effectiveness and accuracy of the 35-200-FN. I shot my buck this year with a light load (1300'/s) in a Marlin 336 at a distance of about 75 yards. It was a well placed behind the shoulder shot (minimal meat damage) that put the buck all but dead on his feet. Whitetail being whitetail, he managed to bolt into the adjacent brush.It was not a bang/flop that so many talk about. It was however over with in about 25 yards. I highly recommend that boolit in the 35 Remington.

Jevyod
11-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Would somebody please educate me on the difference between the NOE and RCBS? It appears that the NOE might drop a bit larger than the RCBS. Are there any other major differences?

Smoked Turkey, what was the alloy you used? And did you have a pass through? I am assuming it was not hp.

rockshooter
11-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Both NOE and RCBS make good molds- RCBS doesn't make 4/5 cavity ones.
Loren

Buckshot
11-26-2013, 06:40 AM
.............Not wanting to step on any toes, but when I built my 35 Rm on a SR Mauser I bought the SAECO #356 which is 200gr FNGC design. It has done everything I could ask of it, and has been able to attain velocities in excess of 2200 fps from my rifle without any issues and with the same seating length. The 200gr RCBS design is probably more popular but the Saeco is my first choice.

...............Buckshot

smoked turkey
11-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Jevyod in answer to your question-.."Smoked Turkey, what was the alloy you used? And did you have a pass through? I am assuming it was not hp."

I used air cooled ww and no it was not a pass through. Look as I might I could not find the slug in the gut pile. It was the factory FN design, not hp. As I stated, the boolit performed as good as any could have. My load (10.4 gr. Herco, sized .360) is the one I use for plinking and not the rifle I originally was going to take. Since there was light rain I took the old Marlin as I deemed it to be "more waterproof". Turned out it was a good choice. As Buckshot stated, there are other good mould designs. The RCBS version as been a standby for the 35 Rem a long time and almost always shoots good .

white eagle
11-26-2013, 06:38 PM
you can also look over Tom's inventory
@ Accuratemolds.com I believe he has a clone of that boolit
however there are enough there to really get yer wheels spinnin'

Jevyod
11-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Ok Thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered the RCBS from Midway yesterday! Cant wait to start casting with this mold!:mrgreen: I did see that Midway is running a general sale. It is $20 off your order of $100 or more. (Enter code BlackFri)
So I ordered the mold and dies for 308 and 243!

cbrick
11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
You'll not be disappointed with the RCBS 35 200. This is an outstanding bullet design in the best off the shelf mold made and it shoots extremely well in every 35 bore I've sent it down from revolvers to single shot handguns to rifles. I've cast thousands of them from my RCBS mold but also got the same boolit from NOE simply for the five cavity.

Rick

Blammer
11-27-2013, 11:45 PM
I got the NOE version so I could play with a HP in it. :)