PDA

View Full Version : A short rant

Goatwhiskers
11-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Got a "friend" who was in need of cash, wanted to sell a laptop, loaded out with all sorts of goodies, less than a year old, supposed to have paid right at $1000. Said he'd take $300. Wife is in need of one, so we went out and checked it out, specifically about wireless operation as she wants to use it at school where she teaches. Seemed OK, so bought it and went today and got hooked up with AT&T for the house. Figured we'd get rid of the land line. Turns out the thing doesn't even have the hardware for wi-fi, and it's over 5yrs old, they haven't made the model in that long. He was using the old AT&T wireless that looks like a jump drive. Yeah, I know, buyer beware, but it still makes you mad. OK, rant over. GW

btroj
11-24-2013, 11:36 PM
You mean former friend?

imashooter2
11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
The guy stole $300 from you. Go get your money or $300 worth of satisfaction.

MaryB
11-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Never buy used computer hardware, usually had something wrong is why they want to get rid of it.

smokeywolf
11-25-2013, 12:02 AM
With friends like that, who needs enemies.

Love Life
11-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Your "friend" ripped you off. I would be after a refund. $300.00 isn't exactly chump change.

Goatwhiskers
11-25-2013, 05:42 PM
As Paul Harvey used to say, the rest of the story. Brought it by a better friend who's a computer service man. It seem that the first guy who has some basic knowledge of 'puters (more than me) had not only deleted his personal files, he did a complete system restore. The restore discs are lacking some of the drivers for parts of the system to function, the required mechanical parts are there, but could not function. Will get it back tomorrow, plus some extra memory installed. I still think I was right in getting somewhat PO'd, but now I know better what to look for and who to go to for advice. Gonna cost a little extra, but live and learn. GW