PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of these days

cdet69
11-24-2013, 08:25 PM
So I do a load of laundry and get ready to dry it. Well the dryer will not start. After some trouble shooting I find out it is the dryer door switch that is bad. Well it is time to put it back together and get the part ordered. I put a jumper wire in the quick disconnect so we can still dry clothes and get ready to seal her back up. I had a roll of electrical tape I was using to tape up the jumper and where do you suppose it wound up. I could have not made a better shot if I tried. I hit it with my arm and it went down the lint trap like a hockey puck into a goal net. Now we have to take the back off the dryer. Then we have to open it up to remove the exhaust fan to get it out. So now a 15 minute job became a 2 hour one. Gotta love the joys of home ownership. All I kept thinking was wouldn't be nice just to be able to by a new one.

472x1B/A
11-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I thought I was the only one to have luck like that. Hope everything works out ok for you cdet69.

WallyM3
11-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Murphy does some of his best work at my place.

archmaker
11-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Been out of town for a few days, came back late Tuesday. Wife complained the AC was not working, so I check it out Wednesday and it has finally gave up the ghost (the AC is pretty old, leaks, and I have had to baby it for the last few years), resigned to getting a new one, depressed so I sit down and watch some recorded shows, and the TV has about 1/4 of it ghosted out, then it rained hard that night . . . small leak in the roof by the vent.

Will replace the AC early next year, no need to rush and do so until then. Same for the TV, going to be gone to folks house for the holidays, so not going to be here a lot, and I just will fix the roof, when I get some free time and it is not raining.

Col4570
11-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Life gets Teejus donit.