PDA

View Full Version : Accessory questions

Thumbcocker
11-17-2007, 05:41 PM
I an thinking of gussying up my Bisley a mite.

Questions:

1.) Which synthetic ivory grips look best and agenaturally?

2.) Will they discolor if they get blood on them?

3.) Will an oversize base pin help accury to a noticable degree? (the # 5 head scores points on the cool factor)

Many thanks. I feel like I have found a cyber home on this list. I just wish we had a clubhouse to hang out in.

Buckshot
11-18-2007, 05:20 AM
.............I can only answer #3 and that is yes it will, but you might not need the oversized one. Depends upon the hole in the frame and cylinder. The oversized one also may need to be 'fit' as in honed in to fit. I have a Ruger BH in 30MI and that is it's malady. Too much lateral cylinder movement. Locks up fine. I've been trying to get a new basepin for some time but Brownells seems to be continually out of'em.

.............Buckshot

2 dogs
11-18-2007, 09:26 AM
The prettest synthetic grips are the Tru Ivory...you will most likely have to send them your grip frame to have them fitted....Im not sure if they will "stain" or not....

A #5 base pin is a no brainer.....looks great and tightens up the sixgun a bit....dont forget to get a crescent ejector rod too.

S.R.Custom
11-18-2007, 12:18 PM
1: I have the Ajax on my SBH. They increase the grip size some, which I really like.

2: No. But keep the dirty petroleum products off of 'em.

3: Depends. If it aids the cylinder in a better alignment with the bore, then yes, it will enhance accuracy. If, on the other hand, there is sufficient misalignment, the reduced tolerance will hold the cylinder in its mis-aligned position always, and bad accuracy will become more consistent in its badness. Fortunately, it's not an irreversable modification if it doesn't do anything for you.

dragonrider
11-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Real ivory will stain, not only from blood but from sweaty hands and such.