PDA

View Full Version : M94 swedish mauser

8mmshooter
08-27-2005, 11:15 AM
I have a sporterized m94 swede that has been drilled and tapped and a peep sight has been installed before I purchased the rifle . The stock has been altered from the original configuration. The front sight is real fine and I can no longer see it thru the peep worth a darn. Do you fellars think a coarser front sight would help me or do you think I should go ahead and have the receiver drilled and tapped for a scope mount? Love the rifle wish it was not messed with; but thats they way it is. What say you all mighty surplus rifle guru's. Drill and tap for a scope, change the front sight and see how that works; or don't mess with it any more?

jh45gun
08-27-2005, 12:24 PM
All depends on what you want since it is sporterized I would scope it my self. But I like peep sights too so a better front sight may be the answer. Bottom line is what ever makes you shoot the best and wring the best accuracy out of the gun which if it is a swede even a 3 marked barrel shoots better than most guns. Jim

45 2.1
08-27-2005, 03:10 PM
That rifle is so short and sweet, do not put a scope on it. Put on a blade front thick enough for you to see and give it a good try with the peeps. You may have to drill the apeture larger, but get it so you can see it. The rifle is a joy to use.

NVcurmudgeon
08-27-2005, 05:41 PM
45 2.1 said most of what I was thinking. In addition, mounting a scope requires bending or replacing the bolt handle and adding an aftermarket safety.

Mel-4857
08-27-2005, 08:25 PM
I've got a set of peeps on my 96. A Williams rear and Lyman globe up front, with the inserts. Works great ,with double peep for targets and the blade for anything else. Mel

jh45gun
08-27-2005, 11:16 PM
I suggested scopeing it as since he said it was sporterized I figured that the bolt was bent already. Nothing wrong with a peep sight my 30/30 and Remington Rolling block and all three of my muzzle loaders wear them. Jim