PDA

View Full Version : Contender Case Question...

NorthernNH
11-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Hello All,
With the upcoming holiday season its time for me to find gifts! With that in mind, my father in law just recently bought his "bucket list" gun, a stainless contender 7-30 waters, and I'm looking for a soft case to fill his stocking. To make a long story short I'm looking into the suede 7476 T/C contender 12-14" bag, what is the lining? He wants a wool lined type, and after much searching I cant seem to find out whats inside... I hope this is the right section for this question, thanks for any and all help!! Cheers :drinks::drinks:

Junior1942
11-24-2013, 07:35 AM
I've gone through bunches of cases in 30+ years of playing with Contenders. The one I have now is the best ever. It's a BOYT 16"x10" and is a perfect fit for a scoped 10" bull Contender. It's heavy duty OD canvas with a quilted lining. I bet they make one for a 14" Contender. I bought one of those high$ cases with cases on its sides for extra barrels, but guess what? It's been hanging on the wall since the BOYT came in the door.

Tatume
11-24-2013, 09:12 AM
+1 on the Boyt's cases. I've used several brands and types, and although they seem like they should be nice, the Boyt's is BY FAR the best. It is not a wool-lined suede case, it is heavy canvas with a quilted lining. Here is an example:

http://www.guncases.com/pp70-thompson-contender-blk-s.html

Doc_Stihl
11-24-2013, 09:20 AM
The inside on mine that looks identical to that is wool lined. I don't think it's real wool, but it looks and feels "wooly".

If you pm me your email, I'll send you a pic.

dale2242
11-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Mine go in a hard case with a foam liner.
It offers much more protection......dale

Junior1942
11-24-2013, 08:28 PM
+1 on the Boyt's cases. I've used several brands and types, and although they seem like they should be nice, the Boyt's is BY FAR the best. It is not a wool-lined suede case, it is heavy canvas with a quilted lining. Here is an example:

http://www.guncases.com/pp70-thompson-contender-blk-s.htmlFrom that page's Options: •0PP70TC09: Boyt Harness PP70 Thompson Contender GUn Case - 21x10 inch

That's the 14" barrel one. Mine's OD green.

TXGunNut
11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Mine go in a hard case with a foam liner.
It offers much more protection......dale

One for a takedown shotgun/rifle holds two 14-inchers nicely, or one complete with another scoped bbl.