PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a Glock rear sight tool that they'd be willing to lend?

robpete
11-22-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm getting close to the end of a Glock 35 build and am in need of a rear sight tool(I think I can just use a standard nut driver on the front?). With the exception of the grip reduction and slide coating, I've done all of the work on this....and I was really hoping to finish it out on my own. My slide should be here next week and I can't wait to get it all together. Of course I'd pay shipping both ways and would even lay down a refundable deposit if there is a trust issue. Thanks in advance!

W.R.Buchanan
11-22-2013, 10:38 PM
robpete: First you are worrying about something that doesn't exist. If you are installing a rear sight other than a Glock sight it will probably have an Allen Screw that holds it in place.

If you are reinstalling the Glock sight you can just toonce it back in place.

Nothing to get worked up about here.

Note: the two black ones. Note the screw in the rear sight. Under it is a set screw that locks the dovetail in position where ever you put it. Use some calipers to center the rear sight on the slide.

You will however need a Glock Front Sight Tool IE; long skinny nut driver to do the front sight because it must go thru the bottom of the slide to reach the little hex head screw in the bottom of the Front Sight. Also only use "Blue Loctite" on the FS screw. You may want to get it off some day.

Randy

robpete
11-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks Randy. I'm going with Dawson sights. They should be here next week as well. I'll hunt down a front sight tool over the weekend.

Jailer
11-22-2013, 11:06 PM
I've got both, PM sent.

Picard
11-23-2013, 02:46 AM
What, you mean a hammer and a punch? :p

robpete
11-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks Jailer! I'll get them back to you ASAP.

W.R.Buchanan
11-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Those are Dawson sights on My Glocks in the pic. Other than the front sight which comes with a wrench to tighten it, there is no other special tools necessary.

Randy

Jailer
11-23-2013, 09:21 PM
What, you mean a hammer and a punch? :p

Don't laugh, I've seen the results of this. And it was done by a "reputable" gun shop.

Down South
11-23-2013, 11:12 PM
I've used a hammer and brass punch on one of my out of production Smith's before but I broke down and bought a sight pusher for any future jobs. Never used it since I bought it but I plan to install night sights on a few more of my pistols someday.