PDA

View Full Version : How did your day start

starmac
11-21-2013, 07:50 PM
I woke up to -38 temps this morning and the boiler had quit sometime during the night. lol

olereb
11-21-2013, 07:52 PM
That's no good,i woke up to around 65 degrees today at 5am,lol.

starmac
11-21-2013, 08:19 PM
It wasn't near as bad as it sounds. It was still probably close to 60 inside, which is where I've stayed most of the day. lol

Frosty Boolit
11-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Took the garbage cans out to the street in 30 degree temps and drove to work.

dragon813gt
11-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Woke up to the house at 63 like it is every morning. I keep it at 60 at night. First thing I do every morning is try to get the dog off me. He knows when I wake up and likes to lay on my chest, he's 65#s. Then I grab my phone and download the latest podcasts. I need something to listen to in the shower and on the way/during work.

Crawdaddy
11-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Yikes!

Ask me tomorrow. Headed to the lease and a storm front is moving in. It will be a five hour drive in snow and ice with a cab over camper and pulling a trailer.

Should be fun.

paul h
11-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Today was pretty good. Our heat was working and I woke up before my teenage boys so I got a hot shower. Only -1 this morning and we have a storm blowing in that is going to raise the temps.

The downside is we are supposed to get freezing rain tonight, and I hate freezing rain.

olereb
11-21-2013, 11:01 PM
It wasn't near as bad as it sounds. It was still probably close to 60 inside, which is where I've stayed most of the day. lol

To be honest i'd take your weather right now,i'm so sick of the heat down here i'd take -38 and snow right now. I haven't been to AK but I have lived where you get windchills that low and 4ft of snow over night,i actually enjoyed hunting and camping in the middle of a frozen winter,getting up at 4am for work though was a bit rough when it was that cold,lol.

bikerbeans
11-21-2013, 11:01 PM
42 Fahrenheit and steady light rain, perfect morning at the gun club because none of the dentists, doctors or lawyers will risk rust on the rifles they paid way to much for.

BB

jcwit
11-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Just checked the temps and weather all over Alaska & No. Canada on weather underground.

Does it usually get this cold up there this early in the season?

blaser.306
11-21-2013, 11:14 PM
- 17 degrees celcius right now -28 degrees with the wind chill! Calling for -30 over night!!! Only good thing about it being that cold , not even the wind will blow! And it sure helps get the deer moving around. You know, that whole feed and stay warm or die thing.

starmac
11-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Our winter is way late this year. I just finally washed the mud off the pickup the day before yesterday, as it has finally gotten cold enough to not get muddy anymore until breakup. It is only 19 below now and suppose to get above 0 tomorrow, so back to Tshirt weather. lol

runfiverun
11-21-2013, 11:21 PM
it was a bit below 20 this morning with a 15-20 mph wind.
the wife went to work and the truck drivers called in and said it was too cold to work,all the people that have to stand around out in it were there though.
I guess they learned the boss knew some swear words this morning.

smokeywolf
11-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Even though it was in the low to mid 60s all day and it was actually in the low to mid 70s at midnight 2 nights last week, I'd trade this liberal minefield for most of your subzero weather.

starmac
11-21-2013, 11:48 PM
We run our trucks at some crazy low temps, however if mine is parked outside in 20 below temps, I will not start it without warming it up first, it just isn't worth it.

Jailer
11-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Planned on going hunting but was told I couldn't have the day off and had to report to work. Said it was too busy to take the day off. Boss proceeded to tell me today at work, "I guess you probably could have gone hunting today".

Yeah, that's how my day went.

At least I'm off tomorrow and will be hunting all day.

AlaskanGuy
11-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Well, we have freezing rain as we speak.... All of the roads are total slick ice... I just love it when it rains after the ground has been frozen for the last 10 days at below 0.... Now we have several inches of ice on everything.... NOTHING IS GUNNA KEEP ME FROM FISHING TOMOROW!!! time to Alaskan - Up.....

Did i mention the the wind is blowing 50 + ..........

Crud

starmac
11-22-2013, 12:51 AM
I talked to BS jr at delta this morning and he said the wind was howling. We were suppose to get some wind, but quiet so far. lol Those that just got their electricity back on in the last day or two are probably happy about that.

montana_charlie
11-22-2013, 12:57 AM
My day started by mixing four liters of warm water with the powder in the big plastic jug, then putting it in the fridge.
At noon I took the little tablets, unchewed and uncrushed, with plenty of water and proceeded to wait for three hours.
At 3 p.m. I started with the jug of stuff in the fridge. One 8 ounce glassful every ten minutes.
Drank three quarters of it before the first urgent trip to the porcelain throne.
From then on it was drink and squirt on a fifteen minute schedule until the jug was empty and the septic tank was full.

Now, I'm just waiting for morning. Can you say colonoscopy?

I plan to hit Burger King on the way home, but if I see an all-you-can-eat buffet I may commit suicide by overdosing on chicken-fried steak.

CM

MaryB
11-22-2013, 01:15 AM
28 and snow, email that I am losing the rental car tomorrow, another email that the address they gave me to send my title too so I can get paid for my wrecked car is the wrong one...

blackthorn
11-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Woke up at 5:45 AM (fifteen minutes later than usual). Got up, dressed, went out (-17 C) and lit the stove in the shop, took the garbage and recycle cans down to the road, back to the shop, 25 minutes on the tread mill at 3 MPH and outside in time to see a beautiful sunrise. Showered, shaved, breakfast, kissed wifey good morning and in here to see what good things I can read on this site! Life is good!! Oh yes there is about 5 inches of snow on the ground that we got three days ago.

AlaskanGuy
11-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Well, our snow is all gone temp is 40, wind still blowing 50 + pouring rain... Damm.. Good day for heading out to the range, not much wind there, but a c.r.a.p. Day for fishing... Water is back to off color cuz of all the melt off i am sure, so no ultralight dolly fishing.... [smilie=b:

starmac
11-22-2013, 01:24 PM
12 degrees here this morning.

AlaskanGuy
11-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Warmed up over 40 degrees there... 35 degrees of a warm up here, and the ground is mush... Just like breakup....

bikerbeans
11-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I just looked at the Nat. Weather Service website and it is below freezing with snow over the northern 1/3 of Texas. I guess my mid 40 degree F weather in NW Ohio ain't going to last much longer. You fellows up Nawth, try and stay warm.

BB

Freightman
11-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Yep it is 21 but no snow or rain it is SE of us.

w5pv
11-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Started out about 70 degrees and had a good start until I heard "o"'s name then it turned to poop.

Echo
11-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Woke @ 0700, hit the computer, and noticed it was drizzling rain - seems to have been doing it for some time, and us desert dwellers NEVER mind the rain. Temp in low 50's...

Driver man
11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
I just cant even imagine what -38 feels or looks like. Its about 8am Saturday morning here. Beautiful day ,smell of jasmine in the air and the blue sky is cloudless ,Temperature is about 68f We are in early summer and Im off to the pistol range to shoot a new load in the CZ75 and to try a new lube in the 44 Remington BP. Life is good.