PDA

View Full Version : Tornados

starmac
11-18-2013, 07:48 PM
I am hearing of some bad tornadoes in the midwest. I hope all members are accounted for and well.

JWFilips
11-18-2013, 08:31 PM
My heart goes out to these folks: just saw the evening news...... very depressing....... hope all of you are ok!

Firebricker
11-18-2013, 09:18 PM
They had warnings all over central Ohio but we were blessed not even a down tree. One report south of me said a house and barn went down but they were not sure if it was a tornado or just high winds till they investigate. FB

472x1B/A
11-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Luckily missed us by about 55 miles southeast of here. There were a lot of houses lost in Pekin, Washington, and East Peoria area.

Johnch
11-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Here in NW Ohio we had at least 4 last night
1 was only a few miles away and another 10 miles away

The gas station I use sometimes is totaled
I went past this afternoon
A lot of poles and roofs ripped off

Not 3 miles away we think another tornado touched down , as 7 poles were snapped of and thrown around

I am just glad everyone I know came through the storm OK

John

jaysouth
11-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Sunday I drove from Morton, IL to Nashville. An hour after we left, the tornado touched down in Washington, IL a couple of miles away. Down in Southern IL, we pulled off the road to get out of the worst rain I have ever driven in. An hour later we got back on the road and crossed into KY where a hail storm dumped one inch iceballs. We would have been in the middle of it had we not stopped. Two hours later there was a tornado in Northern TN a few minutes before we passed through. I feel lucky and my heart goes out to the folks in the Peoria area.

Bad Water Bill
11-20-2013, 01:12 AM
They lost a lot of homes in Diamond and Coal City.

Both just off of the Illinois River near I 55

1Shirt
11-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Have lived in Tornado Alley for many years now! Here they are a fact of life, and most people fear them and seek shelter when the sirens go off. For me, guess I am of the opinion that when my time comes, it will come regardless of circumstances.
1Shirt!

MtGun44
11-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Kansas is the normal stomping grounds (literally) for tornadoes, but this batch went
well east of here. Glad they missed us, sorry for the folks that got stomped.

Bill

jcwit
11-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Have lived in Tornado Alley for many years now! Here they are a fact of life, and most people fear them and seek shelter when the sirens go off. For me, guess I am of the opinion that when my time comes, it will come regardless of circumstances.
1Shirt!

Ya! I know, but when I get sick I go to the Dr.

My wife lived thru the Palm Sunday Tornado's back in the 60's, her employer was taking her home from her 1st day at her 1st job, they found her inside a car 1/2 mile out in a field with a broken back. Guess it wasn't her time!