PDA

View Full Version : George strikes again!

Fishman
11-18-2013, 02:28 PM
There I was, sitting on my front porch drinking a cold beverage, marveling at the beautiful weather. Suddenly, the dog started barking and then a fracas started up in the back yard. Figuring the dog had tangled up with one of the neighborhood mountain lions, I grabbed my trusty sidearm and beat feet to help him out. Just as I turned the corner around the house, I saw something clear the fence in one bound with my dog right on it's heels. Whatever it was, it wasn't a lion, because the dog was busy mauling a pair of blue jeans on the ground. An intruder! Quick as a flash, I ran to intercept, as whoever it was was would have to run between the house and my newly stocked pond, where I could get a good look at him.

Well, being somewhat overweight and less nimble on my feet, I hove into view of the pond a moment or two later in time to see a half clothed figure dragging a large stringer out of the pond by the dam. He turned to look at me, and I received the shock of my life. It was George! Having seen him once before, there could be no mistake. Without another backward glance, he threw the stringer over his back and slipped into the woods, heading toward my neighbor's.

I realized I wouldn't be able to overtake him on foot, so I threw open the door to my shed and jumped on the four wheeler. It roared to life, and I took off in a cloud of dust. I thought I might catch him at one point as he ran past my neighbor's pond, but he realized he had bitten off a bit more than he could chew, and threw the stringer of catfish by the pond as he bounded past. The terrain got nasty after that and I had to leave off the chase. I returned to the stringer and decided to release them there in the neighbor's pond since they wouldn't make it back to mine alive. Do you know that greedy George had caught and kept 50 of them! Well, I just hope the neighbor's grandkids catch a few, compliments of George.

When I got back to the house, I examined the remnants of the jeans my dog had captured. They were Wranglers sized 36 x 32, which may help us narrow down this character's identity. In the left front pocket were 3 boolit sizing dies, no doubt swindled from some poor sucker in a business dealing or somesuch. I decided to keep them after checking out my reloading room and seeing what was missing. I had set out two brand new unfired 20 round boxes of 7.62 x 53 Lapua brass on my bench as well as some lead slugs. My plans that evening were to slug my Mosin Nagant and do some reloading, but George really messed it up for me because he took it all! I doubt he even has a Mosin!

Anyway, this is just a cautionary tale for you all. George shows up without warning, so best be vigilant. If he posts up with some 7.62 Russian brass for sale or something, don't believe whatever yarn he spins, this is the real story.

AlaskanGuy
11-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Well, George wont be poachin fish and such outta your pond again ......

Fishman
11-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Well, George wont be poachin fish and such outta your pond again ......

I think I'm going to put up some trailcams. This is the second time he's been around and I'm more than a little worried. He's so unpredictable. The dog is still chewing on those pants. . .

**oneshot**
11-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I tried to warn you!!! Make sure you hide the trailcams as he may take them too.

Fishman
11-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Well I checked my deer feeder and the corn in it was gone. I'm pretty sure George took it, probably to use in his still or something, just speculating.

Come to think of it he may have used it to bait in my catfish, the rascal!

I think he might have taken some of my boolits too. Harsh.

Crawdaddy
11-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Did George still have the stitches in his right ear?

Fishman
11-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I didnt get close enough to see but he did have a rather run-down appearance, like he'd been putting too many hours in.

I'm keeping an eye on the wtb section to see if George tries to sucker some poor fella needing 7.62 Russian brass.

BrassMagnet
12-04-2013, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised about the corn. Carp like it, so maybe catfish do, too.

Fishman
12-05-2013, 09:32 PM
A bunch more corn came up missing from my feeder again, so I bought some more and filled it back up today. I've had it! I'm staking it out this weekend and shooting whoever is taking it!

Bullshop Junior
12-06-2013, 06:03 AM
He hasnt come back for anything yet..but I set more traps.

leadbutt
12-06-2013, 11:44 PM
The dog is still chewing on those pants. . .

Man... I could have used those pants. My size too :cool:

Fishman
12-07-2013, 12:20 AM
The pants are too small for me so I'll probably make sandbags out of them.

Staked out the feeder with my son and all we saw were two does and two fawns. No George. Maybe he's hibernating?