PDA

View Full Version : Ruger A OK

Freightman
11-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Lost the screw that holds the housing on the ejector on my Blackhawk was going to order it but Midway and Brownnells wanted $8 shipping for a $2 screw so called Ruger and they are sending me a free screw. wWas prepaired to pay but the rep said not necessary.

Tatume
11-18-2013, 03:42 PM
+1, they have treated me very well over the years. Thanks for sharing.

whelenshooter
11-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Me as well. I have had occasion twice to use their customer service and was pleased each time.

david

Zymurgy50
11-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Many years ago I had the aluminum frame on my BH crack. Had Houghe rubber grips and a scope mount that replaced the rear sight. Shipped the firearm to Ruger minus grips and rear sight assembly, Ruger replaced the grip frame, grips (they put the standard walnut grips on it), and rear sight assembly for no charge............

Silver Jack Hammer
11-19-2013, 11:26 AM
I heard a rumor from a gunsmith years ago that a guy shot his SBH so much he wore the rifling smooth an inch past for forcing cone. He sent it to Ruger and offered to pay for the re-barrel because he had got his money's worth out of the gun. Ruger re-barreled it and re-blued it and sent it back to him free of charge. Just a rumor but I wouldn't doubt Ruger would do this, I have some doubt that any gun was worn this much just from shooting tho. -If the story is true this guy needed to shoot cast boolits instead.

osteodoc08
11-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Ruger has been good to me too with small parts

Johnch
11-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Yep Ruger is good

But a few years back
I sent my MKII 22 pistol back for a broken extractor
I had aftermarket trigger and hammer kit in it

2 Weeks later I got it back
New extractor
New trigger , new hammer and all new springs

My aftermarket parts were in a bag with the pistol , but no longer installed
All it cost me was the shipping to Ruger

Maybe someone at Ruger got the hint
As the new trigger pull was as good or better than with the aftermarket parts in it

John

captaint
11-20-2013, 02:15 PM
A couple of years back I was having trouble with my MkII Govt model - extraction and ejection issues. I suspected the extractor was worn, although it really didn't look worn. I called, and the nice lady in Arizona sent me a new one, no questions. We'll be happy to do that, sir !! Problem solved. Very good service. I think she sent a new spring, too.
Mike

jrayborn
11-20-2013, 11:03 PM
I sent my Redhawk .45 Colt in for repair and they sent me back a Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454. I will quite likely always look for Rugers first when I am shopping for a new firearm.

contender1
11-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Bill Ruger didn't want to offer a "warranty" per se,,, but one thing he strived for was making guns people could afford and use. If a problem arose, they took care of it.
Nowadays, due to the sheer volume of production, (and it's expanding,) occasionally a few get by QC. Ruger will do a lot to make things right,, especially when the issue was with them. And, oftentimes,, even when the problem was NOT their fault.