PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback .380 Auto review

Hunter
11-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Our review of the Diamondback .380 Auto is published.

http://rangehot.com/pocket-bottle-rocket/

Thoughts please.

TheGrimReaper
11-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I love my DB380!

Artful
11-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Nice write up - like that you can get a threaded barrel version

MtGun44
11-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Good review, but as to " A handgun is a compromise between stopping power, reliability and size. With the
first two being arguably the most important." I will argue that the most important is not violating the
First Rule and size (with the corollary weight) is the most important factor in this for many/most people.

After size, certainly reliability is mandatory - not just important. Frankly, as much as I used to be a totally
hard corps power guy, and I personally still carry the .45 ACP 230 gr as my normal CCW gun/load, I really
have come to see that caliber is very much a secondary issue due to the fact that in well over 90%
of self defense situations with a handgun NO SHOTS ARE FIRED. In those situations, a .22 is as
good as a .44. Also, teaching CCW classes has helped me understand that many, especially women,
really can't fit in a big gun very well and do not manage recoil as well, either. If we push power too
hard, they will wind up leaving the gun home.

Am I arguing against a powerful handgun - NO! But we do need to recognize that first you must
be armed for any of this to be relevant. For many that means a small gun. After that - work out the
details.

Bill

rintinglen
11-20-2013, 03:51 AM
First, have gun...
Words to live by.
If I knew when I would need a gun, I'd be packing a shotgun or a rifle. My crystal ball is a little untrustworthy, so I make do. When it is 95 out, the big guns get left at home.
That's when the PPK or the mustang get to come along. A reliable Diamondback beats a bazooka, if the bazooka was left at home.

FergusonTO35
11-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Looks like the DB works well for alot of folks. I find the DB's interesting little guns with a very attractive price but I just don't care for the grip angle. In any event I'm quite satisfied with my Kel-Tec .32 Auto with my own reloads for micro CCW so another gun would have to be really stellar to replace it.

Wayne Dobbs
11-20-2013, 08:04 PM
I've seen several DB 380s and have yet to see one go through three magazines without serious functional issues. Maybe they've learned some lessons but the ones I watched on a qualification range were horrible.