PDA

View Full Version : Load Procedure for Ball load in 92 Rossi Carbine in 45lc

gerrycan
11-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi all,
I want to load Hornady RB 451 in my 45 Rossi any help available ? My normal load is Lyman fp [about 250 grs ] using Trailboss 5.5 grs and is very accurate, cheers ,Gerry.

bigted
11-17-2013, 06:32 PM
I imagine you are talking about using black powder so here goes for bp loads;

1- flair the case mouth.
2- fill the case to around 3/16th of the mouth of the case with 2 or 3F blackpowder.
3- place the ball on the case and ever so slightly push it down till it [the ball] is just in far enough that the equator on the ball is just below the flair on the mouth.
4- crimp with a taper crimp on the ball.
5- repeat till you have 50 of em and then put on your coat.
6- once you get to where you normally shoot put on your ear protection.
7- now take that Rossi .45 colt and load it with 1 round in the chamber with out sending it thru the action.
8- now close the action and squint down the barrel to align the sights.
9- carefully put your trigger finger on the trigger.
10- with care and deliberation now squeeze back on the trigger till it overcomes the sear engagement.

now set down so the thrill does not overcome your senses and just enjoy the smell and fun of what just happened. as you set there contemplating your new found joy ... the wonderment will overcome you as to the WHY of how long it took you to try this.

very addictive! ... :drinks:

also when your done shooting and desire to clean your rifle ... take an empty case and install it into the chamber and close the action. then you can clean most of the fouling outta the barrel without sending any into the action area of your rifle. when you get pretty clean patch's with the slightly soapy water soaked patch's then eject the spent case and do the chamber and whole rifle with butch's bore clean or shooters choice to remove the carbon and get just the slightest amount into the action ... then dry patch's till dry and follow with oil soaked patch and after swabbing the bore ... take this oily patch and swab the rifle taking care of the muzzle area that it is also clean and oily.

this cleaning will take so little time and effort that after it is all over with you will immediately begin to plan your next shooting session.

those Lyman boolits will be an excellent load with the same procedure and loaded with bp in the same manner except that you will desire to load enough bp to be slightly compressed with the boolit base when seated to the crimp line.

ENJOY

gerrycan
11-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks Ted,very clear I,ll give it a shot, GERRY.

sav300
11-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Hi gerrycan,did it work? results?