PDA

View Full Version : Prime pin adjust on super1050

gunoil
11-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Primer pin adjust on super 1050? Seems ya have ta take the thing 1/2 way apart to adjust prime pin up a tiny bit. ls this correct? Worked great a box or so then intermiten. Help!

jmorris
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Look at the photo below. The "rocker" is what takes force from the black rod in the tool head and changes directions to push the anvil and primer up and into the pocket.

You adjust the depth of the primer by moving the rod in the tool head up or down. You do this from the top with an Allen wrench. I don't think they could have made it much easier.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/swager.jpg

StratsMan
11-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I also found that when I adjusted the swage up too high (trying to get a deeper swage) that it inhibited the movement of the rocker. Things just flexed a little instead of moving 100%... Bottom line, the primer punch didn't go up as high because the swage was bottoming out too soon against the punch in the die. I backed off the swage (or the die, can't remember which) and the press moved the last few thousandths to set the primers correctly.

jmorris
11-17-2013, 04:20 PM
This is where the allen wrench goes. Turn it clockwise for a deeper seat.

Don't bother reading the Dillon manual on this one as the photo on page 20 is incorrect.

gunoil
11-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Yep, members thanks! got it working for seating now and l will work on swage post too so l can dial in my swage in relation to primer System.

Page 20 and all kicked my butt. As of now really making some lil' ammo. I have mrbullet drop die with bout 60 bullets in it in station 6, wow, this thing has 8 stations. Dropping bullseye dead on. My table is 800 lbs and l installed 4 aircraft bolts to hold it, that kicked my noodle too. I dont know what to say, this things incredible and this is better than going to the state fair.