PDA

View Full Version : Lyman came through!!!!

rmcc
11-16-2013, 12:21 AM
In today's throw away world, I am glad to be able to report a company that stood behind their product! I bought a new 4500 sizer direct from Lyman when they couldn't fix my 45 model. I have had several issues with breakage on this sizer and I just figured I was being hard on it. After the center spun out I had had enough. I tried to fix it myself by pinning the shaft base ( didn't work) and then sent in the sizer to Lyman. I wrote a letter stating everything that had went wrong and I took full responsibility for the shape it was in. I received a notice that it had been delivered and waited 10 days. I called to find out how much it was going to cost to fix it. The lady told me it was on the way back to me. I asked how much, she said they gave me a new body and new plunger ( basically a new sizer) there would be no charge. They even picked up the shipping!! I will add Lyman to my Dillon and Hornady list!!

rmcc

Jim Flinchbaugh
11-16-2013, 12:22 PM
after the rash of unhappy Lyman quality posts, this is a nice change to hear.

williamwaco
11-16-2013, 12:27 PM
I too have had excellent results with Lyman.

Slow, but always fair and usually beyond what I expected.

Cherokee
11-16-2013, 03:41 PM
They also replaced my 4500 several years ago when I had problems. I was very pleased.

Ed in North Texas
11-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Now if they only would get the bugs worked out of that new pot (I'm guessing that is the reason why a pot which was supposed to be in the shops in March is still not on the market). But I'd rather see them wait and put it out (hopefully) working right, than let us Alpha and Beta test it.

dbosman
11-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I once had a problem with a sales rep, trying to order replacement parts from Lyman, over the phone. (pre internet and email)
Being in business myself, at the time, I thought the sales manager would want to know what was going on in his sales desk. After I explained what and why, rather then deal with the parts I wanted he just asked if I wanted a new press. I don't know if it was the cheapest and fastest way to get me off the phone, or just exceptional customer support. I hope the latter.

zomby woof
11-18-2013, 09:45 PM
I've had two dealings with Lyman customer service. I was pleased both times.