PDA

View Full Version : Uberti and Pedersoli

montana_charlie
11-14-2007, 12:52 AM
As I heard the story, Uberti and Pedersoli had a gentleman's agreement.
Uberti would stay out of the Sharps market, and Pedersoli would refrain from building HiWalls.

Then, time passed...

Uberti decided they really wanted into the Sharps scene, but they don't have the capability to build barrels as good as Pedersoli's. So, they made a deal to have guns built by Pedersoli, but they would be branded with Uberti markings.

Those have been on the market for about a year, now.

Then, Pedersoli started tooling up to produce HiWall reproductions, but backed off (about eight months ago) because of a lack of interest from dealers.
Now, according to Dick Trenk, the Hiwall project is back on the front burner.

It is planned to produce rifles in 38/55, 45/70, and 45/90, and the .38 caliber will use the 'long' case.
Starline is all set to put that size brass on out the shelves.

If you have been looking at the Uberti HiWall, you might want to wait a bit longer...and get a gun with a match-quality barrel.
CM

Bullshop
11-14-2007, 02:18 PM
But what about price, will they be priced like the Pedersoli sharps or like the Uberti high wall? I was at the Uberti sight looking at a 30/40 but couldnt figure out the price. Can someone tell me how to do the price thing. From our distributers they run in the $700.00 ish range but the distributers only have 45 cals. The Uberti site have a shopping cart and all that but I couldnt find any pricing there.
BIC/BS

Buckshot
11-15-2007, 07:08 PM
It is planned to produce rifles in 38/55, 45/70, and 45/90, and the .38 caliber will use the 'long' case.
Starline is all set to put that size brass on out the shelves.

CM

...............It's been out for awile. I bought 100 cases from Graf a couple months ago. BTW, no flies on the barrel screwed into the Uberti Hi-Wall action. That is, IMHO after 80 rounds through mine last Tuesday:-)

................Buckshot

ktw
12-16-2007, 10:52 PM
From our distributers they run in the $700.00 ish range but the distributers only have 45 cals.

The current Uberti catalog only lists 45 caliber guns. If you want something else you have to get a Uberti/Cimmaron, either directly from Cimmaron or through Buffalo Arms.

-ktw

PatMarlin
12-17-2007, 07:27 PM
I know one thing....

When we were up in Spokane Cabelas during thanksgiving, I finally got to see Uberti's and Pedersoli's handi work first hand and Uberti put Pedersoli to shame in workmanship. Fit and finshish and maching, wood, case hardening was WAY nicer on the Ubertis.

I was very surpised, but found it in every example from all the types of rifles Cabelas had, and Sportsmans Warehouse had.. :Fire:

Wanted to take home an Uberti Sharps, but they refused to sell to a Kaliforny.. :mrgreen: