PDA

View Full Version : A Pleasant Day!!!

mikeym1a
11-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Got up today, put more cases in the tumbler, then went downtown to get the package that Midway misdirected. No joy, there. Won't be able to get it 'til tomorrow. BUT, while I was downtown I was able to get 72lbs of COWW at the local salvage place. While I paying for the stuff, they asked if I needed any 'shells', and took me to a 35gal barrel half full of .300 WinMag cases! I was out of cash, and had to go get some, after picking up my paycheck, and by the time I got back, they were GONE! Man, what a let-down. So, I consoled myself with scooping 14lbs out of the misc barrel. So far, I've smelted ~55lbs of coww; I seperated the cases, and have 64ez .223, 32ea 30-30, 536ea .45acp, about 20ea .38Spl, a dozen .40S&W, and about 300 ea 9mm. Add to that, a nice young man known as Def-Con One brought me 50lbs of linotype, for which I gladly crossed his palms with green. All in all, a very nice day. Although the INR Nurse called and said my numbers were too high, so, I've gotta eat more greens. I scratched my arm a few minutes ago, and I'm still leaking! This is such a bother. But other than that, a really nice day. I'll smelt the rest of the COWW, 10lbs or so, tomorrow. My new dies and sizers should be in, so I can get on with making boolits to shoot. I hope it stays moderate. My joints are a lot happier. Cheers!!! :D

MaryB
11-17-2013, 01:02 AM
I am my own INR nurse. Have my own tester and the nurse who tracks me trusts my judgement when I make small changes to my dose. I was 3.2 last weekend so same place as you, scratch and bleed for an hour!

mikeym1a
11-17-2013, 03:11 PM
I am my own INR nurse. Have my own tester and the nurse who tracks me trusts my judgement when I make small changes to my dose. I was 3.2 last weekend so same place as you, scratch and bleed for an hour!

That was my last reading, 3.2. That scratch on my arm leaked for almost an hour. The VA used to use a nifty little machine. The INR nurse would prick my finger, get a bit of blood on this little stick thingee, stick it in the machine, and in just a minute tell me what my reading was. But for some reason, they have stopped doing that. Now the blood has to be drawn and sent to the main lab, where they do the clotting test. Such a waste of time. I was so tired last night after coming home from work, that I fell asleep and forgot to take the nightly dose. I'll just skip it. I smelted the last of the WW's, and got another 8 lbs. That's a total of 62lbs out of 72 gross. An unusually high percentage. But, I did sort through them as I was filling my bucket. My pile of lead behind the heater is growing. There is a certain satisfaction in having a large supply of lead, and alloys. Hope you are feeling Ok. mike

MaryB
11-17-2013, 10:48 PM
If you have a long round trip ask the doc to prescribe a tester. My copay for it was a bit steep at $600 but I was driving 100 miles a month to go get tested so it will pay for itself pretty fast.