PDA

View Full Version : Unintended Consequences by Ross...

Ickisrulz
11-13-2013, 08:17 AM
This is back in print. I purchased a copy through a 3rd party seller via Amazon. The books is also available in paperback from Accurate Press, the publisher.

abunaitoo
11-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Greatest book ever written.
I have a old hard copy and also just got a aperback copy from ABE books.
I think it should be required reading for all high school students.

MaryB
11-13-2013, 09:52 PM
There is a free pdf version out there too. Good book, very hard to put down

perotter
11-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks for letting us know that it is back in print. I'm going to buy a copy.

No_1
11-14-2013, 10:09 PM
I got the PDF version a few years back and had a hard time turning the computer off. Wonder story.

Ickisrulz
11-15-2013, 04:03 PM
There is a free pdf version out there too. Good book, very hard to put down

I think the term should be bootleg rather than "free."

Garyshome
11-15-2013, 04:10 PM
I have one guess I need to get it out!

waksupi
11-15-2013, 04:24 PM
I think the term should be bootleg rather than "free."

No, they are offered free a few places. You might search back through John Ross' posts on the board, and see if he mentioned anything about bootlegged copies. Until proven differently, your assumption is flawed.

bhn22
11-15-2013, 04:53 PM
True. At one point, Ross offered a free PDF on the 'net. It's probably still out there somewhere.

Ickisrulz
11-15-2013, 05:03 PM
No, they are offered free a few places. You might search back through John Ross' posts on the board, and see if he mentioned anything about bootlegged copies. Until proven differently, your assumption is flawed.

Here is John's website. I see no mention of free copies of his book. I do see where he expects people to purchase it from Accurate Press. I have never seen anywhere that he mentions getting it for free via any internet webpage. In fact, I asked him a year or so ago on this forum when his book would be back in print. He never said, "Just go ahead and download it." Therefore, I am guessing people made copies of his book and posted them without his express permission. My assumption is that people like to get money for their work and he's probably no exception. Can you show me where this is not true?

http://www.john-ross.net/store.php

Ickisrulz
11-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Here is John's website. I see no mention of free copies of his book. I do see where he expects people to purchase it from Accurate Press. I have never seen anywhere that he mentions getting it for free via any internet webpage. In fact, I asked him a year or so ago on this forum when his book would be back in print. He never said, "Just go ahead and download it." Therefore, I am guessing people made copies of his book and posted them without his express permission. My assumption is that people like to get money for their work and he's probably no exception. Can you show me where this is not true?

http://www.john-ross.net/store.php

This link says electronic copies were not authorized by the author:

http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/2008/01/unintended-consequences-by-john-ross.html

Oreo
11-15-2013, 06:39 PM
The story about Henry Bowman is fiction and fantastical so that the book is interesting to read. The real value of the book is not in Henry Bowman's story but in the accurate and truthful account of historical events that lead up to modern day. It shows how we went from a nation that embraces the right to bear arms to a nation that vilifies gun owners.

Its a book best gifted to new gun owners. It brings them up to speed and out of fantasy land if they aren't already.

MaryB
11-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Well I just saw the PDF available on 5 sites so stopping downloads is probably impossible.

Ickisrulz
11-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Well I just saw the PDF available on 5 sites so stopping downloads is probably impossible.

Sure it's out there. Like they say, the internet is forever. But this doesn't necessarily mean John Ross wants people downloading his product. Maybe he'll make an appearance and let us know his thoughts.

I will admit that I did download a copy years ago when the book was not in print with a promise to myself I'd purchase it when it was available. And I did.

MaryB
11-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I downloaded it when it was supposedly okay to do so, either way it is a very good read.