PDA

View Full Version : 45 Spl brass

Denver
11-13-2007, 01:34 AM
I found this on the Frontier Spot forum. It's new brass with 45 Colt dimensions except for the length which is the same as 45ACP and 45 AR, and can be loaded using the dies for them.

Check it out here if it's of interest. www.cowboy45special.com

:castmine:

Prowler
11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
For many years, I shot .45 Schofield brass in my Vaquaros and Marlin cowboy rifle, mainly to save on BP and recoil. I think the .45 special is probably another version. The problem with shooting the short brass loads in .45 Colt chambers is the lead buildup in the chambers. As long as you are shooting only the short rounds, no major problem. My problem occurred at a SASS match when I ran shot of ammo on one stage. I just borrowed a couple of .45 Colt rounds from a buddy so I didn't have to run back to the car. Without much thought, I just loaded the Schofields into my rifle, following up with the two .45 Colt rounds. When I got to the rifle part, I levered, or attempted to, a .45 Colt into the chamber. With the lead ring in the chamber, the Colt round just stuck in the chamber. End of that stage. I have a chamber reamer for the pistols, but it is a #%*@ to get the lead out of the rifle. So, be careful to either have enough ammo, or only shoot .45 Colts in .45 Colt chambers.