PDA

View Full Version : First Time Ingot Casting Today

dsbock
11-10-2013, 02:40 PM
I finally got to convert my COWWs to ingots. They've been sitting in a bucket for months. Between wedding, honeymoon, work, fire department, and owning an old house, everything took longer than planned.

Thanks to Beone for the ingot mold, Glen Fryxell for his detailed and comprehensive manual, and all the folks here at the site for the tips, tricks, and encouragement.

Approximately 90lbs of wheel weights converted into around 75lbs of ingots.

My setup (stored in the garage):
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dsbock/Reloading%20and%20Casting/Casting-Setup_zps72725edb.jpg

First batch of ingots:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dsbock/Reloading%20and%20Casting/First-Casting-01_zps88043857.jpg

Soon (possibly next weekend) I will be converting those ingots into .45ACP and .38 S&W Special Boolits.

Thanks again for making a casting noob feel welcome.

David

cbrick
11-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Sure looks good to me and what a nice ingot mold! :mrgreen:

Rick

zomby woof
11-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Now that all those distractions are out of your way, it's time to get to work and have some fun!

Nice job. welcome to the addition.

olereb
11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Looks good,i'm pretty new to all this myself so I know how you must have felt when you finally got going on it.

dsbock
11-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Looks good,i'm pretty new to all this myself so I know how you must have felt when you finally got going on it.

Yeah. My wife came home from the store and said "I can see by your smile that things are going well."

If it didn't get dark so early, I'd be out there every night after work.

David

lwknight
11-10-2013, 09:37 PM
I really like that ingot mold!!
Nice!!

el34
11-10-2013, 10:15 PM
If it didn't get dark so early, I'd be out there every night after work.

David

Cold sucks, but dark can be fixed!
Welcome to the party.
Soon you'll be figuring how to get to the one ton mark. To fight against it is futile.

dsbock
11-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Cold sucks, but dark can be fixed!
Welcome to the party.
Soon you'll be figuring how to get to the one ton mark. To fight against it is futile.

I'm working on getting some lights setup in my casting area (the parking area outside the garage) before the temperature drops too far.

I think my wife would have some input on the ton goal.