PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Lube A Matic

dannylj
11-08-2013, 09:13 PM
This has probably been addressed before but I am overlooking it. I have an old Lube A Matic I have not used in years. I can not get the lube compression washer to back out. The bolt will move in and out but the washer will not move. Do you think the bolt is stripped or do I just need to really clean the old lube out better. Does the plug come out at the bottom end of the long bolt? I hope this makes sense. Thanks. Danny Jones

Mike W1
11-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Heat the thing up with a hair dryer, heat lamp, whatever and then give it a try.

EDG
11-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Clamp the LAM a table top so the screw does not run out the bottom. Make sure you turn it the right way an use the screw to lift the piston out.

Sasquatch-1
11-10-2013, 07:47 AM
+1 on this. The screw is free floating and needs something on the base of the press to press up against when removing.

Clamp the LAM a table top so the screw does not run out the bottom. Make sure you turn it the right way an use the screw to lift the piston out.

dannylj
11-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. After cleaning the old lube out and bolting to the bench it's working fine. I just had a senior moment there.

detox
11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Senior moment. I am just starting to have those.