PDA

View Full Version : Rangefinder's kits and books

Rangefinder
11-08-2013, 05:08 PM
The selfless generosity of the outstanding men and women here is truly overwhelming at times.

In order for you to see what is available, I'll put the original thread copy quoted below so you won't have to skip around.

A certain individual among us, whom really didn't care if he was mentioned other than being referred to as a generous, caring individual, has bought and paid for a considerable amount of what is quoted below with direction they be placed in this Helping Hands section. What is being donated is:

---2 Kits from the thread copy shown below (with a CD version of the book included), one each to a deserving individual who needs one but can't spring for it.

AND

---20 copies of my wilderness survival manual, one each to those who would like to have one.

Vet Bills Funds Raiser: Survival Pack "guts"

All right guys, as some may be aware of, my 4-legged furry kiddo got smacked by a pick-up last week. He spent the afternoon on Monday in surgery to put all his insides back together, and is home now. While he's bored out of his mind and severely irritated by having to wear the darn "lamp shade" that keeps him from licking the stitches, he's doing pretty darn good. NOW, comes the really fun part--making sure the vets that took such good care in puzzling him back together are paid what is owed... Not gonna say what the bill is at current, but it's enough to have to do some liquidating...

SO... Since there seems to be a bit of chatter about survival packs, go-bags, etc lately--and it IS hunting season, I went through the left-over inventory from earlier classes and put together 8 mini-packs with the skeletal guts of what goes into a basic pack. The rest is up to you to tailor and streamline to fit you, but these each include the minimal essentials:

1--Mil Surplus M16 Magazine Pouch on ALICE clips
1--Fire Steel (I mount them in a spent case for the handle--these are on 7.62x54. Good grip size and the rim is nice)
10--water tablets (dose is 1 per Ltr., so about 2.75 gallons worth)
6--2"x18" Gaffers Tape strips (the stuff is duct tape on steroids)
3--triple antibiotic ointment squeeze pouches
1--4' length 7-strand 550 cord (they're end trims, some are longer, all are at least 4', color varies)
1--bubble compass (dirt cheap, but they work for what they are intended--basic orienting when it's not obvious)

Most of you could probably assemble the same with an afternoon spent running around town, and you'd probably spend about the same to do it--this saves the leg work for the key items in a minimalist kit because I've already assembled that part for you.

Aside from that, I'm including a cd with the basic survival manual I wrote a few years ago in PDF format. It's 75 pages: the first half is dedicated to basic need-to-know, tailoring kits to specific needs, "do and don't" things, etc, the second half is about how to effectively use what you have--techniques, tricks, traps, mistakes, etc... In simple terms, it's the foundation material I cover through the first day of my Beginner Course. (And I'll bet you a doughnut even you skilled outdoors-men will find some things in there you didn't already know )

There are a lot of you guys who are already well prepared and skilled, but there are plenty who really aren't experienced and may want a start in the right direction. Here is the basic fundamentals and start to a basic kit to expand, all in one package.

8 packages available, $26 each shipped.
If you want JUST the book, I can email it to you as a PDF attachment for $5

Paypal for payment, post an "I'll take one" followed by a PM.
Shipping happens USPS small FRB on Mondays and Thursdays (email for just a book attachment is whenever I log on, so pretty darn quick).

Thanks in advance all,
Jim

NOW, all that covered, here's how it works. If you need one or the other, simply say so with a PM following the post. For the kits I will need a shipping address. For the ebook I simply need an email address. Whether he cares for the recognition or not, I must put my own special "Thank You" out to BrassMagnet for making such an incredible gesture to myself and my family, and am proud to fulfill such a request to those of you who need these things.

With my gratitude and humble respect,
Jim

carbine86
11-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I think ill take you up on thia very kind offer. I would like to recieve a copy of your survival manual. Pm to follow thanks.

plmitch
11-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Good things happens here. Good things....

bretNorCal
11-08-2013, 05:48 PM
If you accept bitcoin I will buy an online available copy of the manual for the cost of a survival pack so that you can have a 3rd to someone who needs one.

Rangefinder
11-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Bret, sorry I don't have a way to handle bitcoin. The ones in this thread are already bought for those who can't spring for one, but if you're looking to buy one I'm sure we can work something out. PM me.

roscottjr
11-09-2013, 02:25 AM
I would be interested in the kit. I have been reading up a lot on survival tips and such but just haven't been able to get much together.

Rangefinder
11-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Got your PM, consider it done.

GeorgeOneDollarBill
11-09-2013, 09:38 PM
By my count, you all are a little slow.

It looks like one more kit and nineteen more survival books on CD.

BrassMagnet is pretty fast when he sees a good deal.

Now get cracking and claim something!

dgribble
11-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Would like to take you up on offer of your survival manual.pm to follow

GeorgeOneDollarBill
11-12-2013, 10:25 PM
HeHeHe!

This thread is still active!

HeHeHe!

Claim some of this free stuff before BrassMagnet decides he needs Survival manuals to go with his brass!

HeHeHe!

Fishman
11-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Well heck, who can pass up an deal like that. I have been chastised for being too slow in the past so I think I'll post up right now. Thanks Brass, what a guy!

I don't know about that Georgeonedollarbill fella though :)

NewbieDave007
11-13-2013, 09:41 PM
I would love a PDF copy. Thanks, and thank you BrassMagnet!

I will shoot you a PM with my email address.

Rangefinder
11-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Good to go guys--Fishman and newbiedave--check your email. ;)

NewbieDave007
11-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Good to go guys--Fishman and newbiedave--check your email. ;)

Got it! Thanks Rangefinder and BrassMagnet!

Rangefinder
11-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Still one kit and plenty of ebooks available guys, don't be shy. Brassmagnet put them here for you! This stays open till everything is claimed, no matter how long. You've all helped me, now let me help you.
love ya all like family,
Jim

Rangefinder
11-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Bump to keep it up top... What's available is still available. Don't be shy, guys.

number7tn
11-23-2013, 12:01 AM
I would really like to have a kit, it would help out a lot.. been wanting to start me a go bag or something like that anyway. I would be honered to have a kit if one is avalible. thank you range finder and brass magnet.
sending a pm rangefinder.
take care, have a great weekend,
GOD BLESS
Darrell

sparkz
11-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi I would like a copy of your survival manual, for myself and my son Sean we could really use some brush-up
if posb please let us know what we have to do

TIA
Patrick & Sean Campbell

375RUGER
11-28-2013, 09:05 AM
I'd like to have a copy of your wilderness survival manual.

Catsmith
12-05-2013, 09:45 PM
I would love to have a copy of the survival manual. Just tought my 16 yr old daughter how to start a fire with a striker this past weekend. She is getting into the camping stuff. Thank you both.

plmitch
12-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Your in box is full. Can't. Pm you. Need address.

Catsmith
12-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Thank you. I am working thru it a little at a time. Learning stuff after all these years. Good stuff

plmitch
12-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Your in box is full. Can't. Pm you. Need address.

dagunnut
12-11-2013, 09:57 PM
I too would love to have a copy of your wilderness survival manual.

Thanks
Mario
dagunnut

Rangefinder
12-14-2013, 01:00 AM
In-box cleared out a bit---man, that builds up fast! ;)

Rangefinder
04-02-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm reviving this because, at a glance at my email "sent" box, I see there are about 5 Ebook copies still up for grabs already paid for last fall by BrassMagnet (be sure to send him a thank you for his endless generosity). There is no expiration on this helping-hand. It's SPRING time, which means lots of 'getting out in the woods' for many of us. Claim a copy!!! That's what they're available for!!!

Post an "I'll take one" in this thread and then message me with an email address--the ebook comes as a PDF attachment. Be aware in advance, it may take me a few days to respond, I'm pretty swamped this time of year and I'm not online nearly as often right now.
---5---available as of this post.

waksupi
04-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Heck, I'll take one. I love that stuff! Thanks Brassmagnet and Rangefinder! PM inbound.

Bored1
04-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I didn't know there were still any left. If there are after this long I would like one also! Thanks again BrassMagnet & Rangefinder.

obssd1958
04-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I'll take the second. Thank you gentlemen - you help make this a great place to hang out!

(or I guess the third! Took me longer to type it out)

coloraydo
04-03-2014, 09:10 PM
I'll take one. Thanks Brassmagnet and Rangefinder!

Rangefinder
04-04-2014, 09:31 PM
All right, everyone so far should have a copy in their email (resent since the attachment error).

One left!

obssd1958
04-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Got it!
Thank you, Jim and Ron. You guys are awesome!

Don

shooterbob
04-05-2014, 02:26 AM
Is like a copy. I'm a bugout bag guy, so could definitely use some pointers. Thanks to both of you.

coloraydo
04-05-2014, 03:55 AM
Got it. Thanks, guys.:D

Just Duke
04-05-2014, 04:13 AM
I don't know if the wilderness could survival me. Maybe the wilderness needs a Nukem survival manual.

wrongway
04-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Being A Vietnam veteran I'd love a copy of your survival manual if there are any left. Thank you WW

wrongway
04-10-2014, 08:36 PM
If you have any copies of your survival books left I'd appreciate a copy . Thank you
WW

Bullfrog
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
If there are any copies left I would like one please. Sending PM

Frog