PDA

View Full Version : Need holster for sbh

seabreeze133
11-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Have a new SBH 7.5" and who woulda thunk my74 year old eyes would not be able to focus as they used to 30 years ago. Leading me to a scope. Rats.

But...I will need chest rig that will accommodate scopes. I prefer the nylon holsters, but the pics of Blackhawk and Uncle Mikes I see seem to have no strap to secure close to the chest, and I would prefer to not have things flopping around in the brush.

Any suggestions as to brand, or am I just missing something?

seabreeze

Gibbs44
11-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I know you said you prefer nylon, but I believe Simply Rugged has added a holster for scoped revolvers. I think you have to get their chesty puller rig. They are more pricey than a nylon rig, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

LUCKYDAWG13
11-07-2013, 09:59 PM
i have one like this for my BH and like it a lot http://www.gunaccessories.com/PistolPackagingInc/banditos-shoulder-belts.asp

steveo
11-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Or I can build you one, Let me know

Steveo

oldfart1956
11-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Seabreeze I can tell you one not to buy. The Hunter one. What an ill fitting pain. My problem with the nylon/whatever is the bulk. Those things are huge, usually noisey and Velcro closures make it worse. Audie...the Oldfart..

LUCKYDAWG13
11-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Steveo work is top notch if its for a hunting handgun the bandolero style is hard to beat
and i think that steveo would make you a real nice one

98Redline
11-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Something like the Ringler Custom Leather Wyoming Combo holster works great for carring around a scoped SBH.
I have one for my SBH Hunter with a red dot on top. The bandoleer type makes it easy on and off. A snap on the holster keeps it firmly planted on your side without flopping around. I have carried that gun for miles and miles comfortably.
(http://www.ringlercustomleather.com/catalog/i2.html)

The holster looks much bigger than it is in the pics. In actuality it is not much bigger than the gun.