PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Brian Pearce article from Handloader

SubDoc
11-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Brian Pearce did an article on the FA model 83 475L with a 6 inch octagonal barrel. Must have been 10 years ago or maybe a bit more. I had the magazine and don't know if I lent it or lost it, but it's gone.

If anyone has it handy, I'd be appreciative.

paul h
11-07-2013, 03:06 PM
I remember that article, but unfortunately don't think I still have the magazine. That has been my dream gun ever since and if someone has a copy of the article I'd like one as well.

detox
11-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Brian Pearce did an article on the FA model 83 475L with a 6 inch octagonal barrel. Must have been 10 years ago or maybe a bit more. I had the magazine and don't know if I lent it or lost it, but it's gone.

I think Handloader has back issues for sale. Maybe you could contact Brian Pierce thru Handloader

BCB
11-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I believe it is Handloader #208 which is December 2000...

He discusses the Model 757 and from the picture, it appears to be an octagon barrel...

I could try to scan the article and save it to a Word document or a pdf file and send it to you...

Note: I said I would TRY TO SCAN IT!!!...

Good-luck...BCB

BCB
11-08-2013, 04:41 PM
SubDoc...

Just scanned them...

Saved them in a pdf file format...

Send me your e-mail address in a PM and I will send the pdf files to you...

Good-luck...BCB

gwpercle
11-08-2013, 07:14 PM
My hat is off to a person who not only has kept a 13 year old magazine but can FIND it. I probably still have it , in all my hoarded stuff , but which box ???? It would take me weeks of looking thru boxes to maybe find. I'm real good at keeping stuff I just can't organize it.

Wife say's I need an intervention, all I need is organization and a recall system.

BCB you sir are GOOD.

Gary

Leadmelter
11-08-2013, 09:58 PM
You buy a complete collection on CD's during their Christmas sale.
Leadmelter
MI

BCB
11-09-2013, 09:45 AM
My hat is off to a person who not only has kept a 13 year old magazine but can FIND it. I probably still have it , in all my hoarded stuff , but which box ???? It would take me weeks of looking thru boxes to maybe find. I'm real good at keeping stuff I just can't organize it.

Wife say's I need an intervention, all I need is organization and a recall system.

BCB you sir are GOOD.

Gary

Don't know about that, but I have a folder that has all the yearly indexes. I can just look through them by subject or by author and then take it from there. It can be a bit time consuming, but I generally find what I am looking for...

I think I have the past 30 years complete...

I have always been looking to find the 1st issues and they come up for sale once in awhile...

As Leadmelter indicated, they are all available on CD's--BUT, they are pricey...

Good-luck...BCB

Wolfer
11-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Ive gone to the Wolfe web site and looked up old articles in handloader.

BCB
11-13-2013, 07:35 PM

Well, I scanned the article and saved it and asked for an e-mail address from you to send it to you...

No reply at all...(Phil Collins)

Guess maybe you really aren't interested in the article...

Thanks...BCB