PDA

View Full Version : Chorizo and eggs

paul h
11-07-2013, 01:55 PM
I've made this a few times for church potlucks and yesterday for our weekly work meeting.

I was at Costco and decided to try their pork chorizo

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/17275b.jpg

I've had various chorizo and many of them are greasy and too spicy for some peoples taste (I like spicy, but everyones tastes are different). This chorizo is great, very little grease and the spices aren't too much for those sensitive sorts but full of flavor, and you can always add some Tapatio if you like more of a bite.

I heat up a medium and large cast iron skillet to medium heat. I start by sautaying aout a 1/2 dozen diced mini peppers, onions, and mushrooms in olive oil in the medium sized skillet.

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/202193b.jpg

When the vegis are cooked down, remove them and put them asside. Add one chorizo to the skillet (remove from casing) and start cooking it. Beat 1 dz eggs and 1/2c milk Keep cooking it until the oils start to release and it starts to brown. Then add the vegis back in.

Butter the large skillet and dump in the eggs. Stir the eggs until they are starting to firm up then add the chorizo and vegis. When the eggs are done, put them in a caserole dish and grate on some chedder cheese.

For a single serving try 3 eggs and 1/3 of the chorizo.

Shiloh
11-07-2013, 02:57 PM
That his been my experience as well with Chorizo. The packages like you have pictured are very greasy. I've been seaoning my own from fresh ground pork.

Shiloh

WARD O
11-08-2013, 01:52 PM
There seems to be a number of Mexican grocery stores popping up these days. Many have meat departments. After some trial and error I've found one I really like for their corizo and enchilada meat. Also they have great spice selections at good prices.

ward

brassrat
11-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I am 1/2 Porkchop and have been eating Chorizo and the more mild Linguisa for my whole life. The brands here in the Northeast are great and family members from the South return home with some. Maybe they can be shipped. These were not marketed as Mexican food around here.