PDA

View Full Version : From Flyboy to Tarheel...by Feb 2008

Texasflyboy
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Well fellow Texans, I have truly enjoyed your hospitality, food, drink, bar-b-q, gunshows, freeways, free lead, and ample employment for over 18 years.

But as of 01/2008, I am packing up my truck and heading to Tarheel Country (North Carolina).

I've got a spot picked out South of RDU as the new homestead.

I am bringing all my gear with me from Texas to the new locale...and look forward to meeting any of you mad casters that live near Raliegh-Durham.

I've got a nice new 31,000 Square foot warehouse to call my own, (well, it's mine in the sense that I am the boss there) and I plan to re-create one helleva casting station.

I am bringing all my toys with me including all the neat steel targets I made this year while waiting for this new job. Starting February, I am looking for some land to make my own range.

Give me a holler if you're within shouting distance...

Tom in Texas (for now...)

Nueces
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Good luck, Tom. Texas will miss ya. Hope all goes splendidly well with the move and new job.

And remember to keep edukaytin them Tarheel boys that real BBQ is made with BEEF. :mrgreen:

Mark

targetshootr
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Why would anyone put beef in their barbeque? :mrgreen: We likes it pulled off the P-I-G hog after it cooks eight hours or so. New Bern has a BBQ festival every year that you gotta check out on a trip to the beach. And in the other direction Lexington may be the BBQ capital of the whole entire world.

OBXPilgrim
11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Welcome to North Carolina Texas flyboy -

I'm a little out of range from you (western NC- mtn country), but good to have you coming this way.

Lots of good fishing down at the beach on your way to that BBQ, to boot.

NVcurmudgeon
11-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Best wishes on the move, flyboy. Judging from the handles, and the fact that about half of the trades I make with board members are with Tarheels, it looks like you are moving into a real hotbed of casters. Another bonus is plenty of huntable public land in your new state.

Morgan Astorbilt
11-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Texas Flyboy, Welcome to the Carolinas. :drinks: You should have come out our way (Foothills) where we KNOW how to make BBQ. It's all in the sauce.:mrgreen:
Morgan

Jim
11-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Flyboy,
I'm in Columbia, SC. Y'all come see us, y'hear?:-D

drinks
11-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Tom, watch out, themuns has been reported to put COLE SLAW on hamburgers and cook meat in pressure cookers and add liquid smoke and call it BBQ.
Also heard they have never heard of putting comino and jalapenos in pinto beans.
;D

wiljen
11-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Welcome to North Carolina Texas flyboy -

I'm a little out of range from you (western NC- mtn country), but good to have you coming this way.

Lots of good fishing down at the beach on your way to that BBQ, to boot.

Where abouts in Western NC? Blammer is in Asheville and I'm just over the line in TN

Baron von Trollwhack
11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Hello. I'll send you some e-mail R&P state assocciation stuff, Fish & game link, etc. I'm north near the Virginny line in the land of 5 deer tags + unlimited does. Welcome. BvT

OBXPilgrim
11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Where abouts in Western NC? Blammer is in Asheville and I'm just over the line in TN

'Bout 5 miles north of Blammer (he's in LA - Lower Asheville)

I live in the thriving metropolis itself.

OBXPilgrim

Morgan Astorbilt
11-13-2007, 12:54 AM
'Bout 5 miles north of Blammer (he's in LA - Lower Asheville)

I live in the thriving metropolis itself.

OBXPilgrim

So you get to watch the Hippies bathe with their dogs in the fountain?:-D
Morgan

Bigscot
11-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Flyboy,

PM me when you get settled. I live in the area not far from RDU. I can hook you up with my range and fill you in on the others in the area as well as places to hunt and fish.

Bigscot