PDA

View Full Version : wondering if this tumble lube will work?

el roboto
11-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Hey guys. I double lubed my boolits with a lot of the LLA/JPW lube in an effort to stop leading. The resuting boolits where very coated (bronze) with lube and where sticky and gumming up my dies. Well, I had 50 or so left I planned to resmelt. I decided to try and remove the lube first so I placed the boolits in a container and poured in some mineral spirits, I then tumbled the boolits in the mineral spirits, then I ran some hot water in the bowl and dumped it. When I removed the boolits I noticed the surface of the boolits were completly lube free however the lube grooves (tumble lube grooved boolit) were complety full of the bronze lube. So I have clean boolits ( wont gum up dies) with full micro groves. Wondering if you guys thing this would be sufficient lube or not?

Beagle333
11-06-2013, 11:40 PM
I do not. I'd boil it out and tumble em again, lightly, or more likely just recast. 50 won't take long to recast.:-)

Echd
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
I'd just redo it, especially if they've already been "washed". Just remember for next time a little TL goes a loooooong way, and that if you can see it on the bullets, you've got more than enough.

dromia
11-12-2013, 03:03 AM
If you are getting leading I'd look to your boolit fit first.