PDA

View Full Version : Bella's pheasant.

JeffinNZ
11-06-2013, 08:51 PM
So I take Bella for a run today. She is behind me at the midway point and I hear a bird going absolutely nuts. A hen pheasant is giving her the third degree so I call Bella off and she runs to me.........with a tiny head sticking out one side or her mouth........and a pair of feet out the other side. And then.......it was gone. Swallowed. I said "For the love of God, if you are gunna kill a pheasant at least kill an adult and preferrably a cock so I can use the feathers for fly tying".

:p:smile:

In the words of the immortal Foghorn Leghorn. "Fi, ah say, fine food pheasant."

fryboy
11-06-2013, 11:33 PM
this made me smile ( thanks for that !! )

my buddy used to have a lil mutt type dog , best darn hunting dog i ever seen !! she could go thru the tunnels in the brush and bring'em back ...of course she never could quite grasp why no one wanted her hens but were all too happy to take the roosters she caught ...( just so you know , here shooting hens is a bigger than major no-no ) but still - good job bella !!!! :)

willie_pete
11-07-2013, 12:04 AM
When I lived in Chicago, I worked for a good friend of my father. He liked to pheasant hunt and would take me along. He had a Springer Spaniel who also loved to hunt. One time the dog flushed a bird and as it was coming up the dog jumped in the air and grabbed the bird in the but and dragged him back down to earth. About that time we all realized it was an albino pheasant. Hadley was yelling at the dog to let go, but he just kept pulling out his tail feathers.

He said it was the only time he had even seen an albino bird and would have liked to have had it mounted, but it was fairly useless without feathers. He said it was also the only time the dog had jumped to get a bird.

WP