PDA

View Full Version : Cramer/Saeco 55 B .257

Newtire
11-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone here heard of a Saeco/Cramer 55 B .25 caliber 2-cavity (1-hollow point and one spire point GC-looks like a Lyman 311334 in miniature)?

Well, I picked one up at this week's gun show over in Filer. I was sitting there minding my own business and trying to keep from buying more stuff (well, sorta). I had scored a nice Treso stainless rod, a pound of 2F black, a pound of BlueDot, a nice Command Post 4X scope, a .58 RCBS Minie mould and a .30-06 AI full length sizing die.

All of a sudden, a mould appeared in the corner of my eye at our own table. Onceabull has this habit of leaving things out or dropping hints maybe and before you know it-a new toy goes home with me.

I think it will be a fun mould-100 grain and then 96 grains in the hollow point form. Now, if a couple of people would stay home from Winnemucca next year, I might have a chance at one of those golden wheelweights..86751

JeffinNZ
11-06-2013, 05:25 PM
That's a lovely wee boolit! The HP would be brilliant on smaller game.

Newtire
11-06-2013, 07:52 PM
That hollow point at around 1800 FPS would make a real nice vermint boolit I'd think. Not for anything you plan on eating though.

Bret4207
11-07-2013, 09:43 AM
If memory served, I haven't looked in some time, I believe I have a 2 cav, solid version of the 55B. You will grow very fond of Cramers when you use one. VERY nice moulds. I'm not going to tell you how the boolit shoots for me, I can't remember! It's either old age or the fact I have 100 plus moulds, but I can't recall how it shot for me.

Newtire
11-07-2013, 10:36 AM
If memory served, I haven't looked in some time, I believe I have a 2 cav, solid version of the 55B. You will grow very fond of Cramers when you use one. VERY nice moulds. I'm not going to tell you how the boolit shoots for me, I can't remember! It's either old age or the fact I have 100 plus moulds, but I can't recall how it shot for me.

This one says Saeco on the bodyt but has the 55B on the cutoff plate and the plate pivots like another Cramer that I have. The boolits slip right off the hollow point pin. I like it! Let's see how my rifle likes it. Too busy these last few weeks to get to the range but Friday is going to be range day!