PDA

View Full Version : Active Shooter in N.J. Mall

Artful
11-05-2013, 01:13 AM
check CNN or your favorite news service http://www.foxnews.com/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/04/gunman-opens-fire-inside-popular-new-jersey-mall/

A gunman reportedly dressed in black body armor and wearing a helmet opened fire inside the Garden State Plaza Mall in Paramus, N.J. Monday night, New Jersey State Police reported.

A law enforcement source told Fox News that no one was shot at the mall and police believe the gunman was targeting one person who was not at the mall.

Paramus Mayor Richard LaBarbiera confirmed no injuries were reported and the mall was being swept for the gunman. Bergen County Administrator Edward Trawinski said," so far, we have found no injured, but that could change." As of 11:45 p.m. local time, Jim Tedesco of the Paramus Office of Emergency Management said that "thousands" of people were still on lockdown inside the mall.

Police and SWAT teams swarmed the scene shortly after gunfire was reported minutes before the mall's 9:30 p.m. closing time.

A law enforcement source told the New York Post the gunman was “dressed in all black body armor."

The source also said there were reports the suspect was shooting out security cameras.

A law-enforcement source at the scene told Fox News a discarded leather jacket and backpack were found on the second floor of the Lord and Taylor store and K-9 units were sent in in case he was hiding there. The source also said that a bomb squad was sent in to check the backpack, but it had not yet been opened. Police were reportedly trying to trace the gunman's cell phone with the help of ping info being fed from Verizon.

One witness told the Bergen Record the man was “strutting by” and talking to himself as he fired at least five shots.

Althea Brown, 26, of Paterson said she was in Talbots, a clothing store in the mall, when she saw the man walk by.

He looked at me and kept on walking,” she said. She said she heard three shots, then two more.

WPIX 11 reported the shooting occurred about 9:30 pm on the second level near a Nordstrom’s department store.

The mall is located in Bergen County, about 22 miles southwest of Manhattan.

Lead Fred
11-05-2013, 01:21 AM
not evil assault gun mentioned, so it wont last long in the news cycle

Recluse
11-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Impossible. Guns are not allowed in New Jersey. Story is BS.

:coffee:

starmac
11-05-2013, 01:42 AM
It was a longarmed rifle, whatever that is.

thehouseproduct
11-05-2013, 01:51 AM
They don't mention if they arrested anyone.

starmac
11-05-2013, 01:53 AM
He left before the police arrived they think. lol

gray wolf
11-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Latest news is they found him dead in the mall-------self inflicted------
Whatever has been saved up I think has been released.

Rangefinder
11-05-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm confused... He wore body armor (assuming that was for protection), then off's himself... Uh-huh... Somehow 2+2 keeps coming out to about 15 with these. I'd ask where all the sudden nut-bags were coming from, but I have a feeling I already know.

Combat Diver
11-05-2013, 09:00 AM
More then likey the body armor was just a black assualt vest.

CD

oldred
11-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Reading the part about employees locking themselves in a storage room just makes me sick, cowering together in what amounts to a slaughter pen if he gets in and NO WAY of protecting yourself is a nightmare but that's EXACTLY what the gun control idiots (and I don't stutter when I say IDIOTS!) would have us do! This time no one was hurt thankfully but what about the next time, and there almost certainly will be a next time despite all the gun control nonsense being forced upon us. For the umpteenth time, how much better would it be if these wackos were to encounter several armed citizens willing to stop the carnage before it happens rather than simply encountering defenseless individuals hiding under a table or some other equally pathetic situation? I know the "anti's would have everyone believe that we would all just be firing wildly and doing more harm than the perp but we here all know better than that BS! I, like lot's of others here, carry whenever and where ever and although I have no idea exactly what might happen if such a situation is ever encountered I can rest assured that hiding in a closet shaking in my boots is not going to be one of the options!!!!!

Bret4207
11-05-2013, 09:14 AM
He fired at least 5 shots....in Paramus.....in the evening. The only thing newsworthy is he did it INSIDE A MALL. Otherwise 5 shots of an evening in Paramus would hardly even rate a call to the police.

starmac
11-05-2013, 01:49 PM
A witness account called his body armor, was motorcycle gear. Where is Paul Harvey with the rest of the story.

w5pv
11-05-2013, 02:03 PM
If killed himself maybe he found that his "o" prez has lied to him.

Blacksmith
11-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh where is Gecko45 when you need him?
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

For the newbies who don't know the saga of Gecko45 do not read while drinking fluids at the keyboard.