PDA

View Full Version : Colt 45acp 1911 (1963 yr.) Blue/walnut grips

leeggen
11-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Afreind has the above Colt 45 I am interested in. This auto is prestine, was rebuilt, still has origanal frame was owned by a soldier in the veitnam ara. Has soldiers name engraved on slide. At one time I had investigated this autos history but I don't remember it all now. Guess my question is what is a resonable price for this gun?? I know what he originally paid for it $100.00 didn't cost him anything for rebuild.
The slide has the colt Springfield address but also has a Brazil stamped in it.
Please help both of us with a fair price. I really have no idea of the fair market value.
CD

EDIT: Guy decided to keep it for now. After I started asking too many questions as to who rebuilt it and why. Nor does he seem to remember what all was done to it. Even I can remember evrything done to each of my guns. S Thanks to each of you for the imfo.
CD

Char-Gar
11-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Colt Springfield address? Some kind of a Brazil stamp? Something is not right here.

codgerville@zianet.com
11-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Colt Springfield address? Some kind of a Brazil stamp? Something is not right here.
If it was Colt, it better be Hartford address.

Dan Cash
11-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I have such a slide on an early 1911 frame. It is, however, marked Colt, Hartford on the left side of the slide and Brazillian crest, EXERCITO BRASILEIRO over 1937 on the right side. If your frame is a Colt frame, I would guess that it is worth between $200 and $ 400, depending upon condition. If the frame is Colt, I would not go too much money as it suggests that the original slide was cracked from extensive use or heavy loads, (ask how I know). If the frame is not Colt, the interst is even less.

Jupiter7
11-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Ummm...I wouldn't pay more than $350-$500. Story is a tad odd. It's a Brazilian contract, started in 1921. Sounds more like a mix-matched pistol with a blue job. Pics would help, as would a serial #.

leeggen
11-04-2013, 09:23 PM
OOPPs my fault does have hartford on it. I looked at way to many guns lately I guess. Will get pics later and serial #. Thanks-- more later this week. I'll get it and bring home for further inspection.
CD