PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Great RCBS Customer Service!

Gray Fox
11-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I know we all have horror stories about customer service from various vendors or manufacturers, but I may have found the best service, at least for me, in a very long time.

I had been given some 7.62 ammo in stripper clips as part of a rifle deal last summer and was at the range last week running some of it through an Ishapore 2A1. Although it has a very tight pristine bore, the fired brass lets a .312 boolit easily slide through the mouth.

So, I was going to decap the brass with my RCBS Universal Decapping Die, tumble it and later neck size and trim it to use in the rifle. Wrong! I didn't shine a light in a case and learned the hard way it was Berdan primed. Broke the decapping pin off and bent the decapping unit itself.

I went on line and found the part in the RCBS catalog, wrote down the 800 number and this morning I called, credit card in hand, to order two the units, just in case stupid raises it's ugly head again. My wife, who takes an interest in such things because I load her ammo, suggested I order some extra decapping pins, too, just in case, so when I had the nice customer service rep on the line I did all of the above.

He gets my address and phone number down, and then says, "This will be coming to you free of charge sir." Now I had explained to him that my mistake was the cause of the breakage, and that I was ordering two units as a hedge against further stupidity, but he said that that was just fine.

I have never encountered service like this, even from the fine warrantee coverage provided by Dillon. I just thought some of you might appreciate hearing about this and might want to consider RCBS for future purchases--I know I will. GF

boltaction308
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
I had the same thing last week, An RCBS lube die came apart while I was using it. I had not used it in over 10 years, the date stamp on it was 89 so obviously it was not their fault. Sent them email, he responded back that it needed new o-rings and what was my address so he could send them out as warranty repair.

LUBEDUDE
11-04-2013, 04:22 PM
RCBS has backed their products to me just as well as Dillon has.

And I bleed Blue, with a twist of Black.:-)

r1kk1
11-04-2013, 06:34 PM
+1

r1kk1

Kanitz8541
11-04-2013, 06:48 PM
I love it when I meet someone new to reloading and they break a RCBS component and I tell them if they call they can get it free of charge because they back there products. They always get a little excited.

Wayne Smith
11-08-2013, 08:41 AM
RCBS and I have been playing with the primer trays on their held primer seater. This is the one that uses a shell holder and a round tray. The last one they sent me lasted less than 3000 primers before it no longer snapped together and allowed primers to turn over. I told them to check their quality control on that one. They are sending me another.