PDA

View Full Version : Lead smelter

btroj
11-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Just in from Chicken Little- last US primary smelter of lead is closing.

Lead will become unobtanium. Ammo will skyrocket in price!

Soon we will all be waiting for a CA Condor to poo so we can collect enough lead for a bullet.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling........

[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

cbrick
11-03-2013, 05:37 PM
You been snoozin? This is the 4th or 5th thread in a week on this. [smilie=1:

Rick

btroj
11-03-2013, 05:40 PM
That is EXACTLY my point.

We seriously need a sarcasm font.

Mods, can I get a sarcasm font, please?

Alan in Vermont
11-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Well, it hasn't had any effect on the spot price so apparently the major users aren't panicking.

I may be the last primary smelter in the US but there's still other elsewhere.

I certainly hate the thought of not having the capability to produce our own material for military amunition though. Chalk up another victory for the ******s in the EPA and another blow to our industrial capability in this country.

btroj
11-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Come on Alan, we can't have reason at a time when we really need another panic.

Buzzkill alert.

JohnFreeman
11-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Gee , it COULD just be that the new member didn't happen to see the other threads.

John

btroj
11-03-2013, 06:02 PM
There have been numerous threads overt he past few days. I wasn't picking on anyone, just making a general statement.

Sarcasm font needed.....

500MAG
11-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I think there were two threads, other than this, just today.

waco
11-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Lmao!!!!
there have been numerous threads overt he past few days. I wasn't picking on anyone, just making a general statement.

Sarcasm font needed.....

SciFiJim
11-04-2013, 02:08 AM
We also need a "Beating a Dead Horse" font.

Maybe it would automatically fill in "Please read the stickies".

freebullet
11-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Lol...guess I should have invited you out to the club Sunday. You were clearly bored & may have enjoyed rolling down the range like a tumble weed. You could have told me when to send it. The 300yd range was nice if you like tornados & hurricanes. The pistol bay down to the left provided a nice wind break though.

Oops... back to panic mode. The ssmwss (super secret mid west smelters syndicate) is gunna drive the prices up, but make sure all whom need lead -get lead. They will be making certain that tactical smelting operations focused on providing lrp quality lead supplies will NOT be interrupted. They issued an estimated price increase to $1250.63 per troy ounce, this is going to be a purty good deal considering its lrp+ certified. So I guess we don't need to panic after all.

btroj
11-04-2013, 08:23 AM
We also need a "Beating a Dead Horse" font.

Maybe it would automatically fill in "Please read the stickies".

Exactly.

After seeing the 5th or 6th post about this in at we days I got a but up my.........

btroj
11-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Freebullet, I was hardly bored Sunday. I had to work! It was my weekend, just the way it is.

I would like to shoot more but the past few weeks the wind has been horrible. On real windy days I leave the rifles at home and shoot handguns instead. I need to get out this week and shoot more from my new 9mm. I would like to recover a few of the coated bullets and see what they look like after a trip thru the barrel.