PDA

View Full Version : Goex Clear Shot

marshall623
11-03-2013, 10:24 AM
I haven't seen this stuff on the shelf in a long time . I forgot they made it , well I ran out of FF black powder and my Dad has a can of this he's never gonna use . It's free I'm just wondering has anyone shot any of this stuff, what kind of results you had ? Thanks

fouronesix
11-03-2013, 10:38 AM
It's one of the family of subs that tend to be extremely hygroscopic so if you can break up the lumps enough to use it then use it. It is also harder to light than BP. It however is not quite as bad as Clean Shot- similar product different form. The above two attributes, along with a fire at the Goex plant, provide clues as to why it and some of the subs aren't around or aren't popular. But, no problem in using it.

I was gifted a can a few years ago- wonder why? I re-gifted to a fellow shooter who is tight. He shoots it by crumbling up the lumps enough to get it in a measure then primes it with a little regular BP. He's happy because it goes boom.

marshall623
11-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks I'll try anything once , but I know its hard to beat good old black powder

Hellgate
11-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Marshall,
What are you shooting it in? I loaded it up into 357mag cartridges and it shot kinda weak, about like uncompressed APP/Clean shot. I've also loaded it into 12 "BP" loads with about 50gr volume and 7/8oz shot and it was OK there too. I shot it once in my C&Bs and is was pretty residue free and I don't remember any misfires but the balls got hard to ram after a while with some kind of buildup in the mouths of the chambers. Can't remember if I ised any lube under (wad) or over the balls. I have not used it in any frontstuffer rifle. One thing it does do is corrode brass.

marshall623
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm shooting it in a 50. cal. T/C inline and 50. cal. Renegade with Maxi-Balls