PDA

View Full Version : AHHA...looks like my kinda spot.

okietwolf
11-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Just joined the sight and must say I am greatful to have found it. Not many paper patchers here in N.E. Ohia, from what I can find. Have been tinkering with and ArmiSport Quigley in 45/120 for a while with horrid results. It's all on the loaders shoulders, not the caliber or maker here. Had put the Sharps up for a couple of years to rethink all I thought I knew and went from 5 foot "groupings" at a hunnert yards with broadside hits to 5 inch offhand 50 yard groups that actually had round holes. But, am in this to learn.

dbosman
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Yep, you're in the right place.
Welcome.

Nobade
11-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Yes - welcome aboard! You certainly have a challenging rifle there to work with, but you get it humming and most everything else is easy! And yes, lots of knowledgeable people populate this place.

-Nobade

bigted
11-03-2013, 02:25 PM
that 120 will eat your lunch if you give it the chance ...[had 2 of em and still have my Shiloh so chambered]... that hummer is all you ever need for anything on earth.

my 120 , when loaded with 135 grains of GOEX 2F powder and compressed enough to seat my 520 grain Lyman gubberment boolits is just about as much fun as I can stand for 6 or 7 shots. what an aww inspiring rifle. this load is the upper load for me and I have shot for the lower load a 250 grain pistol boolit wrapped up in paper for an express like round with 12 grains unique as the load. its a very fun rifle and very broad in its applications.

welcome to the forum and you will get great advise here.

your results will be dictated by the chamber // bore // groove diameters of your particular rifle and it should shoot well for you.

okietwolf
11-03-2013, 04:19 PM
86301 lets see if this works... 45/120 paper patches trimmed short 550gr pp 110gr ffg with a 1/16" grease cookie