PDA

View Full Version : 1892 Replica load question

kingemandigger
11-02-2013, 08:47 AM
I have a Chiappa 1892 replica in 45 colt from Cimarron firearms and want to try some higher pressure loads in it. These won't be what I normally feed it, but I just to see how they function and if they are viable for hunting, etc.

Here is the recipe:
Cast 300 grain Lee rfn
21.5 grains h110
WLP primer

The load I use now is that recipe with 12.5 gr. blue dot and has worked wonderfully for me.

Is this a safe load to shot in my gun pressure wise? In a Rossi or other I would probably just try it, but my gun is so nice I just want to make sure. Any experience with this load would also be appreciated.
Thanks

runfiverun
11-02-2013, 10:43 AM
the 92's are tough guns, I keep the majority of my loads in @ the 35-k area [just cause]
others use h-110 or whatever on a daily basis in theirs.

searcher4851
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
The 92 action is one of the stronger if not the strongest designs in a pistol caliber lever action. I own a Cimarron in 45 colt as well and have never feared shooting hot loads in it, and have had no problems doing so other than the accuracy seems to be reduced with the hotter loads. (could just be me) I haven't found many calibers that shoot their best for me at max loadings, so I keep most of my loads down to a more moderate level, except for my plinking load which are downright mild.
Enjoy your rifle.