PDA

View Full Version : You guys who own wheelguns, pistols, and handcannons, need a recommendation ..

Hardcast
11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
What do you recommend for gun racks for a safe? I need to utilize the space, so gun racks are needed. Which handguns racks are the best. Thanks

mooman76
11-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I got a rack a friend sent me. It's made of foam rubber and the pieces are cut into strips and fastened together. I thought it was kind of cheesy when I got it but after it is in the safe it doesn't look so bad cause you can't see it that much anyway with the guns in it. It holds 3 pistols and I liked it so much I bought another. Sure is a space saver. It's light and I thought it might fall over but the weight of the guns holds it in place. The soft foam rubber keeps the guns from getting scratched and what I like best is now I can keep loaded guns handy for when I open the safe. I payed like $13 at sportsmansguide.com and I think I saw them on sale this month!

NVcurmudgeon
11-09-2007, 05:34 PM
My safe came with a thin sheetmetal cover over the inside of the door. I think it was a dust cover for the locking mechanism in the door. I replaced the cover with a piece of pegboard, using the original sheet metal screws from the dust cover. Pegboard hooks with plastic tubing over them can hold 8-10 pistols, depending on size. This is only a fourteen rifle safe, so the door isn't very wide. I have to keep my 8 3/8" S&W 629 on the shelf.

mooman76
11-09-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=213600

Unter
11-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Small dish rack from Wally World. Holds 8 handguns upside down, covered mine with a piece of gun sock.

Hardcast
11-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. You have given me some things to consider. :)

AZ-Stew
11-10-2007, 02:32 AM
My safe is a Liberty. Like NVcurmudgeon's, the inside of the door on mine is carpeted over a layer of aluminum, and I believe there's plywood behind that. At one time Liberty offered (I think it's discontinued now) a pistol storage kit for their safes. It consists of hollow wooden pegs, some long sheeet metal screws and some small wooden plugs to cover the screws that show in the ends of the pegs once they are installed in the door surface. You use a drill to make a starter hole in the aluminum, then put a screw through the peg and screw it into the starter hole, finally filling the end of the peg with the small plug. The pegs can be set to fit one under the barrel and the other either through or behind the trigger guard for upright storage, or the pistol can simply be hung upside down with a peg through the trigger guard.

If you're careful about how you arrange them, you'd be surprised how many handguns you can hang on the inside of the safe door.

Regards,

Stew