PDA

View Full Version : Casting spoons and ladles

starmac
11-01-2013, 01:32 PM
I seem to remember we had a member that was building and selling some nice spoons and ladles.
Does anyone know who that would be??

jmort
11-01-2013, 01:35 PM
It was RayinNH but I just contacted him to get additional spoons/ladles and he said he is out of the busienss, and too busy with his business , plumbing ?, and has none for sale. Did get a set a while back, and they were of good quality.

starmac
11-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Ah too bad, iirc they looked like quality tools. Thanks.

D Crockett
11-02-2013, 12:45 PM
guys as soon as I get my forge up and running that is one thing that I plain on making on it I have a coal forge made but can not find any coal in Florida so I am looking into a propane gas forge I will keep you posted on my progress D Crockett

starmac
11-02-2013, 04:03 PM
We will be eagerly awaiting to see what you come up with. lol

Iowa Fox
11-02-2013, 07:47 PM
The tools RayinNH was making were first class and cheap. Thanks to you Ray, I'm just glad I got some.

dikman
11-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Mr. Crockett, gas forges are pretty simple to make and are used by knifemakers and farriers. They are fine for making billets and forging blades, but aren't much use if you want to work large or peculiar shaped bits of steel! They are also quicker to heat and a lot less mess (and black grime!) than coal/coke forges. Very handy if you're in a suburban environment.