PDA

View Full Version : Got some lead today

pearcetopher
10-31-2013, 01:32 AM
Buddy brought me 117 pounds of wheel weights today, just thought I'd share the good news

Chris

220swiftfn
10-31-2013, 02:19 AM
Buddy brought me 117 pounds of wheel weights today, just thought I'd share the good news

Chris

You're right, that IS good news........ But it would be GREAT news if you shipped it over to me!!!!

Had to. Congrats, and give your friend a frosty one.

Dan

el34
11-02-2013, 01:40 AM

Chris

You could finish the sharing, that'd come to about 58lb for each of us. PM me for my address.

badbob454
11-02-2013, 11:36 AM
NOW Thats a Good friend.....

Fredx10sen
11-05-2013, 03:45 PM
I scored a 3/4 of a 5 gal bucket of solder drippings at the radiator shop yesterday. The guy asked why I haven't been in to see him for a while and was happy with the 5 bucks I gave him. Also scored an over flowing bucket of WW from the usual source. Had to have help putting it in the truck. Tried to give him 10 bucks but he refused it. I had given him a factory box of 44 Mags after the great deal he gave my daughter on tires a while back. I guess that I made out like a FAT RAT and should be ashamed but I'm not LOL :) Need to start gittin after IT in the process department. Too busy making a shot maker and tumbler, that turned out great. :)

CastingFool
11-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Years ago, I worked in a machine shop, and used babbit for some bearing applications. I was allowed to use their pot to render some scrap lead. One day, one of my co-workers came in carrying 2 big traps connected by a 3ft lenght of pipe, all lead! I asked what he was gonna do with that. He simply said "I'm gonna give it to you!" Ended up with 28 lbs of clean soft lead.