PDA

View Full Version : Moderators: Powder Coat sub-thread under Bullet Lube?

HiVelocity
10-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Moderators,

Do you think we could have a sub-heading for Powder Coat under Bullet Lube?

It appears that Powder coating is taking off in a multitude of directions. It would be great
if we could have all the posts under one heading, streamlining my research reading.

Just food for thought, thanks for considering,

HV

fastglock
10-30-2013, 03:03 AM
:groner:

fastglock
10-30-2013, 03:08 AM
This was already brought up. Its all politics. Maybe a donation would get it going.

runfiverun
10-30-2013, 11:15 AM
it's all lube.
right now the majority of the threads in the lube section are dealing with powder coating or hi-tek coating.
it's the ones looking for regular lube threads having the hard time.

jmort
10-30-2013, 11:19 AM
I agree, but a Powder Coat Sticky is long over-due. That is one glaring omission. Especially considering a couple/few of other sticky topics that are far less popular.

waksupi
10-30-2013, 11:28 AM
If a thread isn't brought to staff attention for sticky status, it is not likely to be noticed. Making posts on the forum about it are usually unseen, as none of us read every post, every day.

jmort
10-30-2013, 11:39 AM
I would suggest one or all of these, as there is more than one method. All of these, and there are more worthy candidates, have more posts/views that over half of what is up there now as stickies. There is much new and good information that deserves sticky status.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?209151-Powder-Coating-101-Electrostatic-Method

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?171403-Powder-Coating-Boolits

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?210666-10-epoxy-coat-can-it-be-done-lets-find-out

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?202316-HFPC-Boolits-Piglet-Method

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?216599-Rangefinder-s-PC-Tumbler-Method

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?87768-lead-bullets-coated-with-polymer-paint

mdi
10-30-2013, 11:56 AM
This is the third time this has come up. You're gonna get comments questioning your intelligence ("all you need to do is pass on those topics; don't click on them") and " there's no need" (even though there's over 2,000 replies/posts), and Los Tres Amigos will overrule any ideas. It's ok to separate paper patching bullets in blackpowder arms from smokeless powder arms, (oh yeah, so much interest there!) but we must keep all forms of lube in one place :groner:

Love Life
10-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Wow!! A whol bunch of butthurt going on here. The hints, allegations, and things left unsaid are quite uncalled for and rude.

That being said, it very well may be time for a sub forum.

Furthermore, I counted 23, non-sticky, threads on the 1st page of the Lube forum. Only 7 were alternative lube threads and the other 16 were traditional lube threads.

How's that mix in with your "We get treated mean for wanting a new forum" cake you've been baking this morning?

This is not directed at HV. This is directed at the other two who have made uncalled for insinuations.

mdi
10-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Wow!! A whol bunch of butthurt going on here. The hints, allegations, and things left unsaid are quite uncalled for and rude.

That being said, it very well may be time for a sub forum.

Furthermore, I counted 23, non-sticky, threads on the 1st page of the Lube forum. Only 7 were alternative lube threads and the other 16 were traditional lube threads.

How's that mix in with your "We get treated mean for wanting a new forum" cake you've been baking this morning?

This is not directed at HV. This is directed at the other two who have made uncalled for insinuations.

Do a search of past threads about a new sub forum. If you think a stink is being raised about these, todays posts, read the major snit fits the old timers around here had regarding an "un-needed" sub forum. No insinuations, no hints or unspoken allegations, straight out; ask for something new and you get your bu__ jumped on by the "elite". How does your "I don't know of what I speak" cake taste?

Love Life
10-30-2013, 01:43 PM
I was involved in the 1st thread. I stated that people could simply NOT click on the alternative lube threads. Quite a simple solution...really.

Of course at that time there were not as many alternative lube threads, and now there are more. however; even though there are more alternative lube threads, the majority of threads on the 1st page are about traditional wax lubes.

So that "I DO know what I speak of" cake tastes quite good. Almost as good as fresh from the oven German apple cake.

What I was refering to in this thread are the insinuations that you have to pay the moderators to get a sub forum, and that a sect of moderators are in cahoots as a clique with the sole intention of not creating a separate sub forum.

rhadamanthos12
10-30-2013, 02:28 PM
I was originally against the idea, but after thinking it over I think it would be a nice sub forum to this one if that is an option. I say this because while there aren't many threads here, I feel like the threads that do pop up get dragged out and often deviate because it comes down to making a new thread that might not gain traction or posting again in a thread that is over 80 pages long. I believe a sub forum would see more post, results better tracked, new methods and instruction, and it would be easier for people to find the information they are looking for.

Love Life
10-30-2013, 02:41 PM
^^^I agree with you 100%. Mebbe all we need to do is as Waksupi posted and PM the moderators.

Maybe not a PC specific sub-forum, but an alternative lube method sub-forum. We've got all kinds of wild things going on right now!! PC, HI-TEK, Klass Coat, $10 epoxy, etc.

waksupi
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Got 'em. Thanks!

I would suggest one or all of these, as there is more than one method. All of these, and there are more worthy candidates, have more posts/views that over half of what is up there now as stickies. There is much new and good information that deserves sticky status.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?209151-Powder-Coating-101-Electrostatic-Method

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?171403-Powder-Coating-Boolits

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?210666-10-epoxy-coat-can-it-be-done-lets-find-out

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?202316-HFPC-Boolits-Piglet-Method

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?216599-Rangefinder-s-PC-Tumbler-Method

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?87768-lead-bullets-coated-with-polymer-paint

fastglock
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
" bullet coatings "

Garyshome
10-30-2013, 02:54 PM
You all just leave the mods alone. They don't need your help. Unless you want to take over $$$$$$!

fastglock
10-30-2013, 03:14 PM
THANK YOU MODS for the STICKY

xacex
10-30-2013, 03:51 PM
I think it is kind of silly to have the first page of the lube section 1/3 full of sticky's. A subsection breaking up lubes seems appropriate now. Thanks for putting them up there waksupi, but how full does the front page need to be before it is apparent that there needs to be a breakup for the lube section?

fastglock
10-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Baby steps ....

sparky45
10-30-2013, 04:45 PM
You all just leave the mods alone. They don't need your help. Unless you want to take over $$$$$$!

What??

jmort
10-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Looks like waksupi/mods did a great job adding stickies. Hopefully this will help in the development "boolit coatings." I think we can/should put the sub-forum to bed. Thanks, this makes sense.

btroj
10-30-2013, 06:20 PM
This is the third time this has come up. You're gonna get comments questioning your intelligence ("all you need to do is pass on those topics; don't click on them") and " there's no need" (even though there's over 2,000 replies/posts), and Los Tres Amigos will overrule any ideas. It's ok to separate paper patching bullets in blackpowder arms from smokeless powder arms, (oh yeah, so much interest there!) but we must keep all forms of lube in one place :groner:

Wow. Color me self impressed! I never knew I had the ability to have such impact.

I am against more sub forums. Just more places to look for info. I have done a bunch of lube testing in the past year, posted lots int his section of the forum. If you would pay attention you would notice that I have also begun doing some coating with Hi-Tek coatings.

We don't need another sub section. Period.

This 1/3 of the amigos has spoken. The others freely speak for themselves. Amazing how well that works.

dverna
10-30-2013, 09:07 PM
I was against a separate sub forum when this came up earlier - in part because I was not sure the coating "fad" would hold up. Now, it is the topic I read the most as I feel that it has the most potential to take cast bullets to a new level of performance - and it is definitely not a fad.

Frankly, my little pea brain cannot fathom why we need two paper patch sub-forums but coatings get lumped in with grease and wax lubes. And the longer we delay in creating a separate sub-forum, the more work it will require to move threads.

Just my $.02

Don Verna

PS BTW, I have no horse in this race as I do not coat - yet. Lastly, I am retired and with winter near I would be willing to do the work in moving threads if the main reason for not doing it is the effort required.

HiVelocity
10-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Sorry I suggested it. Disregard my post.

HV

And just for the record, I've made a monetary contribution everytime I was asked to.

3006mv
10-31-2013, 12:09 AM
at least an addition to acroynms list for PC

mdi
10-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Originally, my intension for a sub forum on alternative lube methods wasn't because I didn't like to sift through them, but so the threads could be easier to find for those interested...

runfiverun
10-31-2013, 02:26 PM
okay everybody calm down.
this is being discussed [again] in the mod section, the debate is a full section or a sub heading.
put up your votes though, yea or nay is all that's needed.

xacex
10-31-2013, 02:50 PM
:bigsmyl2: Nice!

I know my vote wont count much but that would be a (yea) vote for a coating section.

btroj
10-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Run, I will abide by whatever the site owner and mods choose to do.

At some point it may be easier to just create a separate section to stop these requests.

Love Life
10-31-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm going to powder coat my bottle of HI-TEK. Haha!! Find a section for that one.

Beagle333
10-31-2013, 07:01 PM
I post one "Yea" vote for a separate section. Put us under a separate heading where anybody who doesn't want to read about PC need never do so again. :smile:

(edit: section should include all non-traditional coatings.... didn't mean PC only, sorry)

Love Life
10-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah. Yea.

btroj
10-31-2013, 07:15 PM
What about none PC coatings?

No if a separate PC only section.

Whatever, fine, sure, uh huh if it is for ALL non-traditional lube coatings.

500MAG
10-31-2013, 07:21 PM
^^^I agree with you 100%. Mebbe all we need to do is as Waksupi posted and PM the moderators.

Maybe not a PC specific sub-forum, but an alternative lube method sub-forum. We've got all kinds of wild things going on right now!! PC, HI-TEK, Klass Coat, $10 epoxy, etc.

That sounds like a great idea.

xacex
10-31-2013, 07:42 PM
I think it should be a coating/plating sub-forum to cover all of these alternative methods. We have people coating or soft jacketing with about anything they can get there hands on now to try to get away from traditional wax lubes.

Hip's Ax
10-31-2013, 09:21 PM
I vote for a separate section for all non-traditional lube coatings.

geargnasher
10-31-2013, 10:00 PM
I was originally against the idea, but after thinking it over I think it would be a nice sub forum to this one if that is an option. I say this because while there aren't many threads here, I feel like the threads that do pop up get dragged out and often deviate because it comes down to making a new thread that might not gain traction or posting again in a thread that is over 80 pages long. I believe a sub forum would see more post, results better tracked, new methods and instruction, and it would be easier for people to find the information they are looking for.

+ 1

Run or Ric, can one of you copy-paste this extraordinarily well-reasoned post to the mod area for discussion? I was mildly against the idea too originally, but my opinion has evolved.

Gear

geargnasher
10-31-2013, 10:04 PM

You, sir, are in dire need of a tin-foil Stetson and a severe attitude adjustment.

Gear

Recluse
10-31-2013, 10:10 PM
Mods--

While y'all are agonizing over whether or not Cast Boolits will survive, thrive or crash and burn if a new sub forum is or is not added, would you mind checking my Ignore List data space to see if I have enough room to keep adding more folks.

Every time I stumble across a discussion like this, Frank seems to get more company.

:coffee:

btroj
10-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Ah Frank, I miss him. Well, my ignore list does......

Recluse
10-31-2013, 10:18 PM

Heh heh heh. Don't worry, he's got LOTS of company on my list.

:coffee:

geargnasher
10-31-2013, 10:18 PM

Yeah, I was thinking that anyone joining Frank wouldn't need to be put on an ignore list.

Gear

btroj
10-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Man, I just looked and Frank is all alone on my ignore list.

I even had trouble finding the list.

MBTcustom
10-31-2013, 11:01 PM
I say yea.
It's a different way.
It's here to stay.
Have a nice day.
LOL!

xacex
10-31-2013, 11:29 PM
Nice! And he is a poet too..lol
What do you not do?

fastglock
11-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Yea

Thanks

Oreo
11-01-2013, 03:13 AM
I vote yes to a whole new section. Reason being, there will eventually be molds for boolits without grease grooves and who knows what other developments.

runfiverun
11-01-2013, 11:41 AM
okay we are gonna work on getting a new section set-up just for other lube type stuff.
don't be surprised to see some small changes and maybe a section missing somewhere.

btroj
11-01-2013, 12:13 PM
:violin:As long as you are making changes- can I have a subsection with only threads I am interested in? Maybe a "Brad section"? It gets old looking thru all these posts that just don't interest me.

Is that really asking too much?

Love Life
11-01-2013, 12:23 PM
:groner:

Oh, man!! He done gone and done it!!

btroj
11-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I LOVE the new avatar!

jmort
11-01-2013, 12:47 PM
I liked the Claymore but I licensed my portrait.

Love Life
11-01-2013, 01:24 PM
The Claymore was very confrontational, and in keeping with the "No more bullying" mantra of my weaksauce generation, I felt it needed to be changed. I did it for the children...

btroj
11-01-2013, 01:30 PM
For the children? Did you vote for Hillary? Do you think it takes a village to ruin a kids potential?

In short- are you daft? For the children?

Man, you are the chick with a fake mustache.[smilie=b:

I do like the new avatar, it sends a different kind of signal.

Love Life
11-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm not daft, but I have been known to listen to Daft Punk.

jmort
11-01-2013, 01:43 PM
"I have been known to listen to Daft Punk"

They had a saying back in the day, "I was a punk, before you were a punk" and I was booted out of the mosh-pit by the bouncers for being too "rough" at a Ramones' concert in 1977. If I tried that now, I would be smashed like a grape, not by the bouncers, but in The Pit, that can be a seriously dangerous place. But I digress, I determined to be happy with whatever the state of affairs is here regardless of the forums/sub-forums. The new sub-forum makes sense. It is the "New Wave."

Smoke4320
11-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I liked the confusing signals the claymore and Love life handle sent .. now its just ho hum :) :)
definitely not "for the children" unless you are going for the stalker type.... just kidding

runfiverun
11-01-2013, 10:23 PM
did someone say daft punk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl6RJyZdBSU
who says summer is wasted?

btroj
11-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Don't encourage Run and his love of obscure music and videos.

Love Life
11-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Ahhh, Daft Punk. Maybe a little Crystal Method?

Uh oh. Thread drift has occurred.

waksupi
11-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh look! A kitty!

Sweetpea
11-01-2013, 11:41 PM
did someone say daft punk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl6RJyZdBSU
who says summer is wasted?

I can't believe I got roped into watching that...

ultramag
11-02-2013, 05:51 AM

Think positively.....at least you didn't waste as much of your life watching it as they did doing it.

btroj
11-02-2013, 07:48 AM

Run likes to do that. He needs to post a disclaimer when he links to a video. That one is mild co paired to some of them.

runfiverun
11-02-2013, 10:32 AM
heck i've watched it the full 277,000 times it's been seen.
I thought my avatar name was a disclaimer to off beat and obscure music videos by now?

btroj
11-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Run, some people just never get the message. They don't know that you are the offbeat, borderline goth, pimply kid in 8th grade.

jmort
11-02-2013, 11:18 AM
I thought it was actually Punk, but its ..."a French electronic music duo consisting of musicians Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter." I now recognize it as the "Pop" music that is played on my 15 year old daughter's favorite radio station. To think I had her listening to The Offspring when she was younger, and now this. Talk about music being lighter than air. I'll take the "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead. I guess I'm getting too old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4

runfiverun
11-02-2013, 11:22 AM
if it's any consolation their new album is all disco music...

btroj
11-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Nope. No consolation at all.

If I want disco I have my wife's BeeGees albums. Sigh

btroj
11-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I bet Run looks more like Lemmy than he does a guy from a punk band.

Sweetpea
11-03-2013, 12:13 AM
I bet Run looks more like Lemmy than he does a guy from a punk band.

Agreed...