PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get this email?

Calamity Jake
11-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Invitation from Aimoo Message Boards Version 8.0.1(Beta)!

Dear Calamity Jake
We are pleased to inform you that Aimoo message board Version 8.0.1(Beta) will be released on Monday, November 12, 00:00 AM EST. This new version includes so many cool features and upgrades. The Aimoo Master Staff are greatly honored to invite you to participate in the new version of Aimoo. Over the past years, we have received a lot of useful suggestions and comments from the members of Aimoo message board. Now, we have made great updated Aimoo and added many more cool features such as new flash-based chatroom, cool community features. All those are to make you have a good journey on Aimoo. We appreciate your membership on Aimoo Message Boards Version 7.5.2 and look forward to your participation at Aimoo Message Boards Version 8.0.1. 、 Best regards Aimoo Team

Blammer
11-08-2007, 10:45 AM
nope

kywoodwrkr
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Nope,
I'd do a scan for viruses and etc at this time and quarintine the e-mail.
Forward to spam@uce.gov as well.
I take the time to forward all spam I get to the FTC website.
When I was using my work e-mail system this seemed to cut down on spam.
We also had a corporate system which dealt with spam so don't know who was the party responsible for eliminating it, but one of the two seemed to work.
FWIW.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

Gunload Master
11-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Sounds like it's from the old Aimoo Cast Boolits message board.

45nut
11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I got the same message some time back, it is from the old board host.

Bullshop Junior
11-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Perhaps they have seen the eror of thier ways. I dont think they will be successful in pulling back the hive. They would have to offer more than some silly improvments. Maybe a new Uberti high wall to each returning member. We could all go sign up, get the bonus, sell it and donate the $ to castboolits.
BIC/BC

Powderpacker
11-08-2007, 01:36 PM
I just rec'd the same e-mail Calamity Jake posted . Time stamp 11:59 11/8 .

45nut
11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Now I like that idea!

Back to reality, aimoo is merely an archive for us. It served a short time goal in saving the crew from dispersal to the ends of the www but grew increasingly unfriendly and non-responsive to member needs. Emails for assistance from the owners went unanswered for weeks for simple needs that they had pulled from my ability to help with. They grew increasingly greedy, costs were based on the number of "page views" which meant wholesale numbers could be and were in my opinion cooked up.
I believe the company was based in SE Asia or India based on the language barrier issues alone and the lack of concern was obvious after a time. They refused to give refunds once I announced our intent to move to the current Gunloads domain. They refused access to the code to transfer content. Our move has been the best decision of all time considering how much we have grown since, we are nearing four thousand members. At aimoo rates it would have bankrupted us several times. Floating ad's for ****** and pepto would have graced the windows of visitors. No thanks!

NVcurmudgeon
11-08-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't know all the "inside baseball" stuff about Aimoo that Ken knows, but comparing Aimoo to Gunloads is enough for me. I like it here!

Calamity Jake
11-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Yep, I'm gona stay right here.