PDA

View Full Version : Need help swaging bullets Dayton Ohio

me_stephans
10-28-2013, 03:24 PM
As the title says got a Corbin .22lr to .223 setup and need help with how to make the setup work. Not sure exactly what is what, anyone in the dayton area that would be able to help that has this setup please email me. Thanks Stephan

Reload3006
10-28-2013, 03:36 PM
I would watch Videos on line. Algunjunkie has that exact setup and so does Ammosmith. Those two places will give you a good start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34MxoP47VY this guy will get you going this isnt the first video but will get you in the right place.

Bullshop Junior
10-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Is it one of the deals for a reloading press, or like a mighty-mite or a mega-mite? Need more info b

me_stephans
10-28-2013, 11:16 PM
It's a mity-mite press but the old man that bought the dies new in 94 died and a friend bought his entire collection not knowing what any of it is or how to reload so I wound up with the kit, press, adjustable bullet mold and all of the books and original paperwork that came with the kit.The problem that I am having is all of the piece were put in a cigar box and I am having trouble figuring out what goes to what.

ratboy
10-28-2013, 11:34 PM
post up some pictures and "we" can probably id the pieces.
columbus is too far away to pop over for a quick visit.

Reload3006
10-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Yes pictures will help. But Corbin gear is always Identified on all the parts. The die bodies will be identified by what die it is and the punches will as well. On the base of the punch will be a C for Core swage. The Core swage die will have a cross hole for lead bleed off. and the external punch will be marked with a C. The core seat die and punches will be marked with an S. and the point form die and punches will be marked with a P. the point form ejection punch or internal punch may not be marked but its so radically small that you will know which one it is with no problems.

me_stephans
10-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Try and post pics later thanks so far for the help guys

me_stephans
10-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Pics of the kit I got.

me_stephans
10-30-2013, 01:37 PM
More pics

me_stephans
10-30-2013, 01:38 PM
They r a little rusty but should polish up nicely

Reload3006
10-30-2013, 01:52 PM
I am assuming you know your second pic is a core mold. top item on right is your derimming punch it screws in your ram. I am not sure what the upper left item is. The item bottom farthest left is your external punch holder and screws in the top of your press item next to it is an external punch and is held by your punch holder. next is a core seat die I am fairly sure. next is a core swage die. you know by the bleed hold in its side. Not completely sure what the next die is and the next die is you point form die. and lastly probably your point form external punch ... note they will all be marked with a letter designator as to what they are and what they go with. Looking but honestly dont see you derimming die unless some how thats whats on the upper left.